Second Amendment March to Remain April 19th, 2010
Michigan – -(AmmoLand.com)- A short while ago we learned that the TEA Party Patriots would be holding a march in Washington DC on April 15th, 2010, 4 days before our own event.
Concerned that this would affect the attendance at our own march, the Board of Directors spent a week gathering information. We were concerned that people would not be able to make two trips to DC because of time and money constraints.
However, we discovered that the TEA party will not be one HUGE event to be held in Washington DC, but rather would be held in hundreds of cities all across the country. That means that many, many people will likely spend April 15th in their home town TEA party and hence would still be able to attend the April 19th Second Amendment March.
Other deciding factors were:
- Many people had already made plans for April 19th by asking time off work and making travel arrangements.
- It became apparent that we would not be able to work out all the logistical headaches involved with changing the date.
- Some of our speakers would not be able to accommodate the change.
- Some of the State Capitol Rallies had already chosen their dates and changing the date of the DC rally would have complicated their efforts.
- Concerns over the lack of availability of lodging if both events were held simultaneously.
Many of you sent us personal emails voicing a variety of opinions and I want to assure you that we appreciate all your input.
So now, let us look to the future and the task at hand. We have a lot of money to raise and a lot of work to do if we are to make the Second Amendment March a huge success!
Thanks again, and I’ll see you in DC on April 19th, 2010!All the best! Skip Coryell
Founder, Second Amendment March
The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense. Visit: www.secondamendmentmarch.com