Kansas Wildlife And Parks Commission To Meet Jan. 7 In Great Bend
Commission big game permits to be drawn.
Pratt, Ks — -(AmmoLand.com)- On Jan. 7, the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission will conduct a public meeting and hearing at Kansas Wetland Education Center, 592 NE K-156 Hwy, Great Bend.
The meeting’s afternoon session will begin at 1:30 p.m. and recess at 5 p.m. The evening public hearing will begin at 7 p.m. The public is invited to attend all sessions of the meeting.
Discussion items scheduled for the afternoon session include the following:
- Commission Big Game permit drawing;
- trails grant update;
- Public Lands regulations;
- falconry regulations;
- Kansas Coalition for Children in Nature;
- KDWP Education programs;
- Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education; and
- Kansas Wetlands Education Center.
The commission will recess at 5 p.m., then reconvene at the same location at 7 p.m., beginning with proposals for future regulation that include the following workshop items:
- antelope — open season, bag limit and permits, KAR 115-25-7;
- elk — open season, bag limit and permits, KAR 115-25-8;
- big game — 115-4-series permanent regulations;
- deer — 115-25-series regulations; and
- fish regulation correction.
After the workshop session, the commission will conduct a public hearing for approval of regulations on the following topics:
- KAR 115-4-11 — big game and wild turkey permit applications; and
- Free Park Entrance Days and Free Fishing Days
Time will be set aside in both the afternoon and evening sessions for public comment on topics that are not on the agenda. If necessary, the commission will recess on Jan. 7 and reconvene Jan. 8 to complete any unfinished business. If notified in advance, the department will have an interpreter available for the hearing impaired. To request an interpreter, phone the Kansas Commission For the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at 1-800-432-0698. Any individual with a disability may request other accommodations by contacting the commission secretary at 620-672-5911. The next commission meeting will be conducted in Topeka on March 11, 2010, location to be announced.