Maryland Bill Would Require License To Purchase A Firearm
Maryland –-(AmmoLand.com)- Delegate Sandy Rosenberg,(D), District 41, Baltimore City has introduced HB820: Firearms safety Act of 2010.
The text isn't officially attached to the bill as of yet but here's what we think will be included in the bill.
- Notation on your drivers license denoting you as legally able to buy a gun.
- Mandatory fingerprinting to be licensed to purchase a firearm.
- Increased fees for the processing of gun applications.
There are potentially some other noxious things included in the bill that refer to dealers surrendering their records of sales to the Maryland State Police, thus providing them a registration list of even non-regulated firearms.
We expected this to land in the Senate first and believe we will see it there by Tuesday morning.
Make no mistake, this bill would fundamentally change the nature of gun ownership in Maryland unlike anything we've seen in over a decade.
It is our responsibility to shut this affront to our liberties before it ever sees the light of day in a hearing.
Here's what we need you to do until we have the full text of the bill:
- Start sending emails today. Shut down their system.
- Call the members of the House Judiciary Committee below and tell them, “NO!” on HB820.
When they unveiled HB1446, the ammunition log bill last year, we shut it down in 24 hours and it was never even scheduled for a hearing. If everyone does their part today, we could see similar results.
- Delegate Joseph Vallario – Chairman (D-27A)
- Delegate Sandy Rosenberg – Co-Chair (D-41) Lead sponsor of HB820
- Delegate Curtis Anderson (D-43)
- Delegate Benjamin Barnes (D-21)
- Delegate Jill Carter (D-41)
- Delegate Frank Conaway Jr. (D-40)
- Delegate Kathleen Dumais (D-15)
- Delegate Don Dwyer Jr. (D-31)
- Delegate William Frank (R-42)
- Delegate J.B. Jennings (R-7)
- Delegate Kevin Kelly (D-1B)
- Delegate Benjamin Kramer (D-19)
- Delegate Susan Lee (D-16)
- Delegate Gerron Levi (D-23A)
- Delegate Susan McComas (R-35B)
- Delegate Tony McConkey (R-33A)
- Delegate Victor Ramirez (D-47)
- Delegate Todd Schuler (D-8)
- Delegate Luiz Simmons (D-17)
- Delegate Michael Smigiel Sr. (R-36)
- Delegate Kriselda Valderrama (D-26)
- Delegate Jeffrey Waldstreicher (D-18)
P.O. Box 314
Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners’ rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that ’shall issue’ laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.”