Safari Club International’s 38th Annual Hunters’ Convention in Reno, NV: A Huge Success
Reno, Nevada – -(Ammoland.com)- Safari Club International is pleased to announce a highly successful 38th Annual Hunters’ Convention in Reno, NV. The 2010 Convention ranks as the second highest revenue generating Convention ever with nearly 20,000 attendees. In a tough economy, this signifies the strong commitment of SCI’s Reno-Sparks partners, along with the exhibitors, vendors, outfitters and SCI members who help to raise the funds to continue SCI’s mission of being First for Hunters.
Highlights from the week included over 1,100 exhibiting companies leasing over 2,000 booth spaces, a SCI-PAC luncheon with keynote speaker Liz Cheney, the second annual Diplomat’s Reception with government officials and representatives from central Asia, Africa, Canada, Europe, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States and the Convention’s keynote speech from Former President George W. Bush.
Safari Club International (SCI) is also pleased to announce the full list of award recipients at the 38th Annual Hunters’ Convention. Award winners include members and chapters who display a strong commitment to and have made great contributions to the sport of hunting, displayed a dedication to the conservation of wildlife, have a history of service to the global hunting community and are committed to SCI’s programs and mission statement to be First for Hunters.
Individual Award Recipients:
- Hall of Fame Award – Alfred “Skip” Donau
- International Hunter Award – Dr. Lawrence Rudolph
- CJ McElroy Award – John Banovich
- Diana Award – Charlotte Peyerk
- Young Hunter Award – Brian Reiger
- Young Hunter Award – Caroline Pruitt
- World Hunting Ring Award – David Tuttle
- World Hunting Ring Award – Page Mays
- World Hunting Ring Award – Thomas J. Hammond
- World Hunting Ring Award – Marc Hanson
- World Hunting Ring Award – Arthur R. Dubs
- World Hunting Ring Award – Walter F Broich II
- World Hunting Ring Award – Van C. Bethancourt
- World Hunting Ring Award – Matt War
- World Hunting Ring Award – Leon Munyan
- Professional Hunter International Award – Eduardo De Araoz
- Professional Hunter Award – Eric Mikkelson
- Pathfinder Award – Sgt. 1st Class Gregory A. Stube
- Pathfinder Award – Ed Mays
Chapter Award Recipients:
- Top Gun Award – Flint Regional Chapter
- Diamond Conservation Award – Michigan Chapter
Chapter of the Year – 25-50 Members – Yampa Valley Chapter
- 51-100 Members – Chattanooga Area Chapter
- 101-250 Members – San Francisco Bay Chapter
- 251 or More Members – Lake Superior Chapter
- International Chapter – Central Hungarian Chapter
- Rookie Chapter – Texas Hill Country Chapter
- Membership Growth – SE Michigan Bowhunters Chapter (460 New Members)
All of these awards were conferred upon the recipients this week during the 38th Annual Hunters’ Convention in Reno, Nevada. SCI’s Convention is the most dynamic and diverse hunting show today with over 650,000 square feet of exhibit space, dozens of informational and educational seminars, and the opportunity for thousands of SCI members to come together. SCI has already started planning again for the 2011 Convention that will be held again in Reno, Nevada on Jan. 26-29.
First For Hunters is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI’s approximately 190 Chapters represent all 50 of the United States as well as 18 other countries. SCI’s proactive leadership in a host of cooperative wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian programs, with the SCI Foundation and other conservation groups, research institutions and government agencies, empowers sportsmen to be contributing community members and participants in sound wildlife management and conservation. Visit the home page www.safariclub.org or Call (520) 620-1220 for more information.