Vermilion County Pheasants Forever and Donnellson’s Laurent Honored with Illinois Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever Awards
East Peoria, Ill. –-(AmmoLand.com)- Illinois Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever recognized chapters and individuals from across the state for their wildlife habitat conservation efforts at its recent state convention.
The Vermilion County Pheasants Forever chapter was named the Illinois Pheasants Forever Chapter of the Year, and Gary Laurent of Donnellson was named the organization’s Volunteer of the Year.
Illinois Pheasants Forever Chapter Awards
The Vermilion County Pheasants Forever chapter was recognized as the Illinois Pheasants Forever Chapter of the Year. The chapter worked with many local partners and donors to complete a 108-acre land acquisition in 2009, which is open to public hunting and outdoor recreation.
Other Illinois Pheasants Forever Chapter Awards include:
- “Banquet of the Year” – Pioneer County Pheasants Forever
- “Conservation Excellence – $100K Spending on Habitat” – Kendall County Pheasants Forever, Woodford County Pheasants Forever, Piatt County Pheasants Forever
- “Conservation Excellence – $250K Spending on Habitat” – DeKalb County Pheasants Forever
Illinois Pheasants Forever Overall Awards
Gary Laurent, who volunteers as the habitat chairperson with four local chapters (Montgomery County Pheasants Forever, Little Bluestem Quail Forever, Illinois Pioneer Quail Forever and Southern Illinois Claybird Quail Forever) and serves as the vice president of the Illinois Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever State Council, has been named the 2009 Illinois Pheasants Forever Volunteer of the Year.
- “Dedication Award” – Chuck Eiben, LaSalle County Pheasants Forever; and Scott Hopkins, Dewitt County Pheasants Forever.
- “Wildlife Professional of the Year” – Marc Miller, Director, Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
- “Brood Booster Award” – Bruce Stikkers- Champaign Soil and Water Conservation District Resource Conservationist
- Long Spur Society Inductees – Honored for decade or more of significant volunteer service were Bill Bryan and Larry Schaefer from McLean County Pheasants Forever; Scott Hopkins from Dewitt County Pheasants Forever; Steve Tondi from Rock Island / Henry Pheasants Forever; and Russ Lusador from the Edgar County Pheasants Forever chapter.
Find Illinois Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever online at www.IllinoisPF.org. For more information about Pheasants Forever, contact Matt Bradshaw, Pheasants Forever regional field representative, at 217.386.4324 and [email protected]; and for Quail Forever, contact Tim Caughran, Quail Forever regional wildlife biologist, at 618.467.2586 or via email at [email protected]