New Mexico Meetings Will Address Proposed Big-Game Hunting Rule Changes
New Mexico –-(AmmoLand.com)- The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is conducting public meetings and requesting comments on several proposed changes to the state’s big-game hunting rules that will be presented to the State Game Commission this year.
The proposed changes will be available for public review in three parts and at different times to give the public the best opportunities to review them before modified versions are presented to the Commission. Proposals will be posted on the Department Web site, www.wildlife.state.nm.us according to the following schedule:
- Turkey, upland game, javelina: Proposals were published on the Web site in March. Modified recommendations were presented to the Commission for review April 8, with a Commission decision expected at its June 3 meeting.
- Bighorn, exotic species, elk, waterfowl, Open Gate: Proposals were published on the Web site this month. Modified recommendations will be presented to the Commission for review June 3, with a Commission decision expected at its July 8 meeting.
- Deer, bear and cougar, pronghorn, A-PLUS: Proposals will be published on the Web site July 28. Modified recommendations will be presented to the Commission for review Aug. 28, with a Commission decision expected at its Sept. 30 meeting.
A list of the proposed changes can be found on the Department Web site, www.wildlife.state.nm.us under the “Issues and answers” tab. Comments can be mailed to New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Wildlife Management Division, P.O. Box 25112, Santa Fe, NM 87504; or e-mailed to nmd[email protected]
- · April 26, Grants Convention Center, 515 West High Street, 7 to 9 p.m.
- · April 28, Albuquerque, Archery Shoppe, 2910 Carlisle Blvd. NE, 7 to 9 p.m.
- · April 29, Farmington Civic Center, Room A, 200 West Arrington St., 7 to 9 p.m.
- April 26, Carlsbad, Eddy County Extension Office, 1304 West Stevens, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- April 27, Carrizozo, City Chambers, 300 Central Ave., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- April 30, Roswell, Department of Game and Fish office, 1912 W. Second St., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- April 27, Raton, Department of Game and Fish office, 215 York Canyon Road, 6 to 9 p.m.
- April 29, Las Vegas, New Mexico Highlands University, Liveo Sanchez Lecture Hall, G-35 in the library, 6 to 9 p.m.
- April 26, Silver City, National Guard Armory, 11990 Highway 180 E., Santa Clara, 6 to 9 p.m.
- April 30, Socorro, City Council Chambers, City Hall Council Chambers, 111 School of Mines, 6 to 9 p.m.
- May 3, Las Cruces, Department of Game and Fish office, 2715 Northrise Drive, 6 to 9 p.m.
Tune in to New Mexico Game and Fish TV: “New Mexico Wildlife”
- 6:30 a.m. Saturdays on KASA Channel 2, Albuquerque
- 6:30 p.m. Sundays on KENW, Portales
- 7:30 p.m. Thursdays on KRWG, Las Cruces