TOP SHOT – First shooting competition series from HISTORY Channel

TOP SHOT – First shooting competition series from HISTORY Channel
Premiering Sunday, June 6 at 10pm ET. Rooted in history, skilled marksmen compete for $100,000 prize package and bragging rights as HISTORY’s TOP SHOT.

History Channel TOP SHOT Contestants
History Channel TOP SHOT Contestants
History Channel
History Channel

New York –-(Ammoland.com)- Whether it’s William Tell using a crossbow to shoot an apple off his son’s head, or Annie Oakley using a hand mirror to make a shot with a rifle slung over her shoulder, history is filled with legendary tales of amazing marksmanship. Now, HISTORY is tapping into these inspiring feats of sharp-shooting for its first-ever competition series, TOP SHOT, premiering Sunday, June 6 at 10pm ET.

Sixteen of the nation’s most skilled marksmen have been carefully selected to compete in the new 10-episode series. Some have professional shooting experience, some are amateurs -all will showcase breathtaking timing, speed and accuracy in their quest to win the $100,000 prize package and title of “Top Shot.” The winner will ultimately have to be skilled in everything from muzzle-loading muskets and modern pistols to slingshots and throwing knives.

The series is hosted by actor, adventurer and athlete Colby Donaldson, a born competitor whose experience as a contestant on Survivor brings a unique perspective to HISTORY’s first elimination series.

TOPSHOT Hosted by Survivor Contestant Colby Donaldson
TOPSHOT Hosted by Survivor Contestant Colby Donaldson

Each week, contenders will face both team and individual elimination challenges until one winner remains. In the series opener (Sunday, June 6), contestants are immediately divided into two teams and then compete in a “Rifle Relay,” an obstacle course using standard-issue rifles from four different wars. In the elimination round, two contestants go head-to-head in “The Long Shot,” a long-distance sniper challenge which will send the first person home.

In episodes 2 and 3 (Sunday, June 13 and Sunday, June 20), contestants’ skills with the pistol and bow and arrow are put to the test. From muzzle-loading muskets to throwing knives, every challenge will focus on weapons, technologies and techniques of different eras in history as high-speed HD cameras capture the skillful execution of each test in extreme slow-motion.

Contestants vying for “Top Shot” include professional shooters and world-record holders, but there are also amateurs, including a Wild West entertainer, a historical firearms collector, and a radio gun show host. They range in age from a 22-year-old rifle prodigy to a 47-year-old retired New York cop. There is also one female in the group, the first female in the history of the Chicago Police Department to become “Top Gun” of her graduating class.

TOP SHOT is produced for HISTORY by Pilgrim Films & Television. Executive Producers for HISTORY are Dirk Hoogstra and Paul Cabana. Craig Piligian is Executive Producer for Pilgrim Films & Television.

About:
HISTORY and HISTORY HD are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture. Among the network’s program offerings are hit series such as American Pickers, Ax Men, Battle 360, How The Earth Was Made, Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars and The Universe, as well as acclaimed specials including 102 Minutes That Changed America, 1968 with Tom Brokaw, King, Life After People, Nostradamus: 2012, Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed and WWII in HD. HISTORY has earned four Peabody Awards, seven Primetime Emmy® Awards, 12 News & Documentary Emmy® Awards and received the prestigious Governor’s Award from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the network’s Save Our History® campaign dedicated to historic preservation and history education. Take a Veteran to School Day is the network’s latest initiative connecting America’s schools and communities with veterans from all wars. The HISTORY web site, located at www.history.com, is the leading online resource for all things history, featuring over 20,000 videos, images, audio clips, articles and interactive features that allow visitors to dig deeper into a broad range of thousands of historical topics.

Janice Jenkins

When is your show coming back on TV? We love watching it.

Dave Modrich
Dave Modrich

I think this show demonstrates how much fun can be involved in the shooting sports. Also, it might make some people begin to think about honing their skills with firearms in such an unstable world that this is becoming. After all, unlike many people think, when it comes right down to it, we all have to provide for ourselves and have the the responsibility to protecct ourselves. Thanks for the good entertainment! Hope you keep it going.

iva modrich
iva modrich

Recently we came across "Top Shot" on the History channel. We were very impressed with this show and hope it will continue to be on. I feel we need more inteest on shooting sports in this country to keep our right to bear arms from being taken away. These guys show a lot of class, They are from different parts of the country, different jobs, different ways of life and they have put together a preformance to be proud of. Thanks…

Eliseo Mallow
Eliseo Mallow

I am a pretty preoccupied adventurist and need to admit that I'm anal about my equipment. If there is one thing that I hate, it's when my tools break. That's why I always purchase quality gear to gear myself up and be prepared for anything the dusty trail throws at me.

Dianna
Dianna

I have really been enjoying this show. I do have to remind myself, that while it is about finding the top shot is a program that needs ratings. I fully agree with Tom about Adam. But people like Adam bring the ratings up. For some reason we seem to always need someone to hate. For me that is Adam.

I think I may have found my new hobby. Watch out, granny coming with a gun.

Joe Hanic
Joe Hanic

As a 30 year cop and retired Lieutenant with instructor skills in interpersonal communications, I have applied to be the Den Father next season. Does anyone know which aroma therapy candles promote tranquility? Also, I know that baking soda absorbs odors, does any substance absorb excess testosterone in a confined space?

Sturg
Sturg

Adam should take a close look at himself he's a scum bag!

A former MARINE who ran to hide behind a bedroom door to back stab

his teammates. I know it's a game but Adam's a poor example of a MARINE. He's a coward hiding behind calling Caleb a rat fink.

Tom Muzydla
Tom Muzydla

It is Monday morning July 12. I just watched the Top Shot show with the Blue Team member being eliminated by the shooting the rope into to eliminate the opposing team member. This contest that you are showing has little to do with the best marksmen in the country. It seems more intended to show how immature that some of these people can be.
You have let this contest turn into a joke! Even if this continues to end with one shooter as a winner. The question will be, the winner of what!

Thanks for reading this review,
Tom

jim bundy
jim bundy

where did you get these whiners? not a lot of talant there.

MaDude
MaDude

, I almost had the same thought. Keep in mind this is a show who's main focus is on entertainment.

Seems that most "contestants" are hacks with relativly average shooting skills.

Probably because the real cream of the crop top ranked shooters are under contracts that won't allow them to participate in un-sanctioned events.

Maybe it'll get better as the show progresses.

Lisa Spacek
Lisa Spacek

Just wondering how long ago this was taped. Was it before Colby was on the last Survivior series??

scott lazorick

i have just watched the first episode of "top shot", and it is the most ridiculous show that i've ever wasted my time viewing. The contestents in this show were pathetic, to the point that i dont believe of the sixteen shooters participating in the competition but maybe four of them ever fired a firearm or any weapon for that matter. I would like a response as to how I and one or two of my shooting partners could possibly try out for this show?