Rock River Arms Piston Driven System Now Available In Carbine Rifle
Colona, IL –-(Ammoland.com)- Rock River Arms has the reputation for producing top quality AR15s.
What sets Rock River Arms apart from the competition is their versatility to produce and innovate weapons to such rigorous specifications, all built with the same focus on providing the finest fit, finish and function at a reasonable price.
Rock River Arms started engineering a piston system over two years ago and are now introducing that system. The new PDS (Piston Driven System) Carbine is reliable, every time.
The Rock River Arms PDS Carbine and Pistol are the first of a new generation of firearms employing Rock River Arms’ patent-pending Piston Driven System (PDS). Utilizing a purpose-designed bolt carrier, an adjustable gas piston and an over-the-barrel spring and guide rod arrangement, the Rock River Arms Piston Driven System is able to completely do away with the traditional recoil system, making for an extremely accurate, fast-handling and versatile weapon platform.
The new PDS Carbine has a full length top mounting rail from the rear of the receiver to the regulator housing, allowing flexible placement of numerous optics, lights, lasers and other accessories. The RRA side-folding 6-position Tactical CAR stock features a receiver extension storage compartment that nicely houses extra batteries for optics. The PDS Carbine hosts an injection molded handguard that is ribbed for a sure grip.
The folding ambidextrous, non-reciprocating charging handles may be used independently or in unison to charge the RRA PDS Carbine. The RRA two-stage trigger made its way onto the long list of proven features aiding in accuracy. The two position adjustable regulator can be repositioned for reliability for versatility in ammunition usage and is conveniently located on the right side of the regulator housing.
The RRA PDS Carbine Specifications:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO Chamber for 5.56mm & .223 cal.
- Upper: Proprietary, with Extended Top Rail
- Charging Handle: Proprietary Ambidextrous Non-Reciprocating
- Barrel: 16” Chrome Moly, 1:9 twist
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider/ ½-28 Thread
- Trigger: RRA Two Stage
- Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Pistol Grip
- Handguard: Injection molded, Ribbed
- Buttstock: RRA Side-Folding 6-Position Tactical CAR Stock with Receiver Extension Storage Compartment
- Weight: 7.4 pounds
- Length:stock unfolded/Extended 37.75 inches
- Length:stock unfolded/retracted 34.5 inches
- Length:stock folded 26 inches
- Includes: 1 – magazine, Owners Manual, Warranty
- MSRP: $1685
For more information on the complete line of Rock River Arms products, contact: Rock River Arms, 1042 Cleveland Rd, Colona, IL 61241 Phone: (309) 792.5780 Fax: (309) 792.5781 www.rockriverarms.com.