Ohio Department of Natural Resources Announces Appointments
COLUMBUS, OH –-(Ammoland.com– Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Director David Mustine today announced the appointments of two new chiefs and the department’s legislative liaison, as well as five acting division chiefs.
“I am pleased to begin building a team of natural resource professionals who will work with me and Assistant Director Scott Zody to support Governor Kasich’s plan of bringing jobs to Ohio, while serving as dedicated stewards of our environment,” said Director Mustine.
David Payne will oversee the Division of Parks & Recreation. Mustine noted Payne’s solid experience in state government, which includes working in the offices of the Governor, Auditor of State, and Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Payne has a diverse management background and excels at marketing and strategic development. Payne said he prides himself on bringing people together and working productively with a broad base of constituents.
He is a graduate of The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. Payne is committed to the governor’s plan for getting Ohioback on track, which includes strengthening the Division of Parks & Recreation. He has a passion for Ohio’s award-winning state parks system and enjoys camping, hiking, and ice fishing. Payne lives in Franklin County with his wife and two daughters.
Laura Jones was appointed Chief of the Office of Communications. She brings to the position more than 25 years of experience in the media and public relations industry, said Mustine. Most recently, Jones was audio-visual production manager and Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp program administrator for the ODNR Division of Wildlife. Previously, she served seven years in ODNR Director Sam Speck’s communications office, two years with Governor Bob Taft, and nearly 14 years with the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s Statehouse bureau. A resident of Franklin County, Jones is an avid outdoors woman who likes to fish, hunt, hike, and camp.
Ben Pendery joins the ODNR administrative staff as its legislative liaison. Pendery most recently served with the Ohio Legislative Service Commission. Pendery lives in Franklin County and personal interests include fishing, boating and hunting.
Other appointments announced today by Director Mustine include:
- Bob Boyles as acting chief for the Division of Forestry. Boyles has been with the department for 28 years. For the past 11 years he has served as Southern District Forest Manager out of Chillicothe.
- Ted Lozier as acting chief for the Division of Soil & Water Resources. Lozier has been with the department for more than 24 years, and has served on several core management teams for division.
- Vicki Mountz as acting chief for the Division of Wildlife. Mountz began her career at ODNR as the department’s first commissioned female watercraft officer. As Wildlife's executive administrator for Information and Education, she has a total of 25 years with the department.
- Carla Camp as acting chief for the Office of Budget & Finance. Camp spent her first 21 years of state service in the fiscal section of the Department of Youth services, and has been the assistant chief for ODNR.
- Assistant Director Scott Zody will temporarily oversee the Office of Human Resources.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR Web site at www.ohiodnr.com.