Garmin Has a GPS Device for Everyone
OLATHE, Kan. –-(Ammoland.com)- Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced that its 2011 Consumer Electronics Show product line-up is one of its most diverse ever and is designed to emphasize the different ways GPS can be used across all facets of life.
“We’ve always said that GPS can benefit everyone, but no single solution satisfies all people,” said Cliff Pemble, Garmin’s president and COO.
“In the days when GPS was still in its infancy, we envisioned creating a wide range of products that would help consumers, mariners, and pilots pinpoint positions and navigate to destinations. The company has embraced this vision for over 20 years and today we’re a unique and innovative location technology provider spanning a diverse group of markets. We’ve developed products that make the global positioning system easy for consumers to use and those products encompass numerous activities — driving, running, cycling, hunting, flying, and boating, just to name a few.”
Garmin’s most recent announcements span across several product segments:
- Automotive and Truck: The nüvi 2400 series for automobiles and dēzl for trucks have a large 5-inch display and advanced navigation features specific to their markets, such as voice recognition and truck routes, respectively.
- Tracking: The GTU 10 is an innovative, reliable and simple tracking system that lets users track the things that mean the most. It is small and lightweight and can be used to track nearly anything – child, pet, boat, car or more.
- Outdoor: Opencaching.com is a free, easy-to-use geocaching service that has unique features and services that are new to the geocaching community.
- Mobile: Several new smartphone apps are being announced for the Android and iOS platforms. These apps include navigation, weather, tracking, car diagnostics, and more.
- Fitness/Sports: The Approach S1 is the first wearable GPS for golf with preloaded golf course data. It displays precise yardage to the front, back and middle of greens and comes preloaded with over 14,000 courses.
- Marine: The echo fishfinder series for freshwater sonar performance offers increased power and improves the performance resulting in concise fish targeting and bottom tracking.
- Aviation: The G5000 integrated cockpit system is designed specifically for crew-flown turbine aircraft and incorporates touchscreen capability for ease of use and safer flying.
- Automotive OEM: The uConnect Touch, available on an array of Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles, puts Garmin’s nüvi-like consumer experience into an original equipment, in-dash radio.
Since its inception in 1989, Garmin has delivered 72 million GPS enabled devices – far more than any other navigation provider. Garmin’s market breadth in the GPS industry is second to none, having developed innovative products and established a leadership position in each of the markets it serves, including automotive, aviation, marine, fitness, outdoor recreation, tracking, and wireless applications.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin and nüvi are registered trademarks, and dēzl, Approach, echo and G5000 are trademarks, of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.