Smith & Wesson Named Presenting Sponsor of ICORE's 2011 Regional Revolver Series
LOS OSOS, Calif. –-(Ammoland.com)- The International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) has announced that renowned firearms maker Smith & Wesson will be the presenting sponsor of its 2011 regional series.
The ICORE Regional Series presented by Smith and Wesson features seven events beginning with the 14th Annual Southwest Regional Revolver Championship this weekend in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
As part of their sponsorship, Smith & Wesson is donating five firearms which will be given away by random drawing to series competitors at the end of the ICORE regional season. For each regional event an ICORE shooter competes in he or she will be entered into the drawing. Shooters that enter three matches, for instance, will be entered into the drawing three times.
“Smith & Wesson has always championed competitive revolver shooting. Our goal at ICORE is to bring more shooters into the fun, exciting sport or wheelgunning, and as the presenting sponsor of the this year's ICORE Regional Series, Smith & Wesson is helping us do just that,” said Ron Joslin of ICORE.
The schedule for the ICORE Regional Series presented by Smith and Wesson includes the following events:
- 14th Annual Southwest Regional Revolver Championship on April 23 in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Rocky Mountain Regional Revolver Championship on June 25-26 in Galeton, Colo.
- Central States Regional Revolver Championship on July 17 in Buchanan, Mich.
- East Coast Regional Revolver Championship September 25 in New Tripoli, Penn.
- Southern Regional Revolver Championship on October 7-9, Byram, Miss.
- Australia Regional Revolver Championship on October 14-16 in Brisbane, Australia
- New England Regional Revolver Championship on October 23 in Guilderland, NY
In addition to sponsoring the 2011 ICORE Regional Series, Smith & Wesson is also the title sponsor of the International Revolver Championship. The 20th Annual Smith & Wesson International Revolver Championship will take place June 2-5 on the Hogue Action Pistol Range at the San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
For more information on ICORE, the 2011 ICORE Regional Series presented by Smith & Wesson or the 20th Annual Smith & Wesson International Revolver Championship, visit www.ICORE.org, follow @ICORE_Shooting on Twitter or find ICORE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ICOREshooting.