Arkansas Commission Approves Resident Lifetime Military Hunting Licenses
LITTLE ROCK, AR –-(Ammoland.com)- During last week’s monthly meeting of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, commissioners approved several resident military retiree and resident disabled military veteran licenses and permits.
The licenses will be available July 1.
The licenses range in price from a $35.50 lifetime combination license down to a $5 lifetime trout stamp. Military retirees who are at least 60 years of age and residents of Arkansas are eligible for the resident military retiree lifetime license and permits.
Arkansas residents who are totally disabled military veterans qualify for the resident disabled military veteran licenses and permits.
The licenses and permits are being offered to recognize the sacrifices that have been made by the state’s military retirees and disabled veterans.
In other business, the Commission:
- Approved a proclamation by Gov. Mike Beebe to start Free Fishing Weekend at noon, June 10, and end at midnight, June 12. Licenses will not be required for fishing in Arkansas during that period.
- Approved a $23,210 expenditure to complete improvements to the access road to the new trap range at the Fred Berry Conservation Education Center on Crooked Creek.
- Approved a lease for the temporary location of the AGFC Northeast Arkansas Regional Office in Jonesboro. The temporary office will be in the old Federal Aviation Administration building at the Jonesboro Municipal Airport. The lease is for 15 months while a new office building is under construction on the grounds of the Forrest L. Wood Crowley’s Ridge Nature Center. If the new office building is completed before the end of the 15-month lease, the AGFC will not be required to fulfill any remaining time on the lease.
- Approved changes to the Commission’s committee procedures. The changes included restructuring the Commission’s seven standing committees to five standing committees.
- Approved a minute order delegating authority to the AGFC director for administrative and emergency decision-making.