Liberal Media Wants to Make Felons of Gun Owners
North Carolina –-(Ammoland.com)- Media gun-grabbers are trying to increase the odds that you will by blitzing HB 650, “Amend Various Gun Laws/ Castle Doctrine”
A coordinated effort is underway by the North Carolina liberal media to make you a felon … by stripping out language from HB 650 – “Amend Various Gun Laws/ Castle Doctrine” that would enable concealed handgun permit-holders to lawfully keep a firearm locked in a vehicle on educational property.
You just might become a FELON if:
- You've ever borrowed your spouse's car to take the kids to school and didn't realize he or she had a gun anywhere in the vehicle; YOU ARE A FELON!
- If you ever drive on a street that crosses a college campus with your hunting rifle locked securely in the trunk, even if you never get out of the vehicle; YOU ARE A FELON!
- “If you ever drive onto any property owned by the University of North Carolina system – whether or not it has a campus on it (UNC owns large tracts of undeveloped land) and whether or not you even knew it was owned by UNC; YOU ARE A FELON!”
The gun-grabbers want your Second Amendment rights to be as infringed as possible, and they want you to be disarmed dependents of their nanny-state incapable of functioning normally when bearing arms.
Some Legislators are doing the right thing by standing on principle and resisting the media nonsense! They deserve and NEED our voices to join with theirs! WE NEED to fight in the media so that THEY can fight in the Assembly. Here's a case in-point; Representative Kelly Hastings (R, GRNC-****) has commented on the Shelby Star piece (http://www.shelbystar.com/news/grounds-55867-guns-lawmakers.html) vigorously defending his position on HB 650 – he deserves our thanks, and some help to deflect the liberal Chicken Littles (join his comments first, and send him an email of support: [email protected]).
We need to respond WITH AUTHORITY in two ways: by writing our own editorial letters; and by commenting on anti-gun pieces on newspaper websites. Let no anti-gun statement be made unopposed!
Here are points to make in letters and comments:
- Current laws make accidental felons out of thousands of people who unknowingly transit educational property (not all educational property comprises campuses – public streets run through some, such as Hillsboro St. in Raleigh).
- Where does mass-violence typically occur? Schools! Because they are ‘gun free zones'! See http://sn112w.snt112.mail.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0, and http://www.davekopel.com/2a/othwr/principal&gun.htm
- Clear evidence, from scholarly studies demonstrate ‘gun free zones' attract violence, and ‘right to carry' laws decrease it: See http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=272929
- Where are school shootings not a problem? ISRAEL, surrounded by violence and hostility, but where teachers AND STUDENTS are ENCOURAGED to carry concealed weapons! See http://www.canfirearms.ca/Skeeter/Lott/Lott1.html
What YOU can do…
- Monitor the Opinion pages of your local newspaper for pieces critical of HB 650 and weapons on educational property. RESPOND to editorials and letters – each and EVERY one!
- Monitor your local newspaper's website for gun rights-related pieces, especially anti-HB 650 opinions, and comment on EVERY one!
We've won some battles, but the WAR is still in play. If we all do our part WE WILL WIN!
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED:
Write and Comment
- Write a letter to the Editor of your local paper in support of HB 650, Castle Doctrine protection for North Carolinians, and reduction of malicious gun-related entrapment laws.
- Register on the website of your local paper and monitor the Opinion and Editorial pages for content critical of Second Amendment Rights. Notify GRNC of any hostile content you encounter by email ([email protected]), and respond to each item with a Comment. Use the points highlighted above to guide your responses.
This effort is significant, but if we want to keep and bear arms in North Carolina, we ALL need to ACT NOW!
Grass Roots North Carolina/Forum for Firearms Education is a non-profit, all volunteer organization devoted to educating the public about trends which abridge the freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, and engaging in grass roots activism to preserve those freedoms. Formed in 1994 to conduct a highly successful rally for the Second Amendment, GRNC has gone on to conduct projects like “Remember in November: A Gun Owner's Guide to Voting,” bringing concealed carry to North Carolina. Visit:www.grnc.org