Benelli On Assignment (BOA) Rattles Up Texas Whitetails
ACCOKEEK, MD -(Ammoland.com) – This week BOA host, Joe Coogan joins Sheriff Jim Wilson, senior field editor for NRA Publications for a Texas whitetail hunt, rattling-style, on the Stasney’s Cook Ranch led by whitetail guide, Jim Kern, also known as Emu to his pro-baseball teammates and friends.
Armed with rattling horns the trio tackles the ranch’s scenic, but thorny terrain in search of trophy Texas bucks. Wilson and Coogan use Benelli’s versatile R1 semiauto rifle stoked with Federal’s Trophy Bonded Tip load.
The action heats up in the middle of November as fired-up bucks come charging in to the sound clashing antlers. This is rattling action at its best and the excitement mounts as buck after buck comes looking for a fight.
Watch the exciting rattling action on BOA and read about Sheriff Jim’s exciting hunt, called Hunting with Joe Coogan & “Benelli on Assignment”, which is currently featured on the American Hunter website.
Now in its fifth season, BOA teams host, Joe Coogan with nationally recognized writers and photographers from top outdoor publications to field test and showcase Benelli USA products at top hunting spots around the world. BOA presents the very finest in hunting adventure.
Tune in to Outdoor Channel to see BOA airing Mondays at 8 am (EST) and 1:30 pm and repeated on Saturdays at 11:30 am (EST). Below are show titles and guests appearing on this season’s BOA TV show.
2011 Show Line Up:
- Texas Whitetail at Stasney’s Cook Ranch – Jim Wilson, Senior Field Editor (American Hunter)
- Texas Turkey #1 – Becky Lou Lacock, Outdoor Writer (Game & Fish Magazine)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #3 – Joseph Von Benedikt, Editor (Shooting Times)
- Texas Turkey #2 – Karen Lee, Editor (Turkey Country)
- Montana Mule Deer – Greg Thomas, Field Editor (Big Sky Journal)
- Botswana Lechwe/Eland/Zebra – Mark Keefe, Editor (American Rifleman)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #1 – Clay Chandler, Guest (Sporting Classics)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #2 – Matt Coffey, Managing Editor (Sporting Classics)
- Botswana Impala/Wildebeest/Gemsbok – Mark Keefe, Editor (American Rifleman), Bob Williams Outdoor Writer (Petersen’s Hunting)
- New Mexico Pronghorn – J. Guthrie, Field Editor (Petersen’s Hunting Magazine)
Headquartered in Accokeek, MD, Benelli USA offers the largest selection of semi-automatic shotguns in the world, as well as a variety of fine products from Franchi, Stoeger, A. Uberti, and Stoeger Airguns. The company has built a solid reputation for producing high quality, durable products with their commitment to reliable function, efficient styling and mechanical precision. For more information visit the Benelli USA web site at www.benelliusa.com