BEAVERTON, Ore. –-(Ammoland.com)- Leupold’s Tactical Optics division is pleased to welcome the newest members of the recently expanded Team FNH USA competitive shooting squad.
“Last season could not have ended on a better note,” said Kevin Trepa, vice president, tactical division for Leupold & Stevens, Inc. “To have an all-Team FNH USA in the finals of the 3-Gun Nation series meant an all-Leupold final as well.”
In January, FNH USA teammates Mark Hanish and team captain Tommy Thacker faced off in the final shoot-off for the 2011 3-Gun Nation Championship in Las Vegas. Thacker edged Hanish in the best 2-of-3 format to win the $50,000 grand prize sponsored by Leupold Tactical Optics and NBC Sports.
Leupold’s continued sponsorship of Team FNH USA provides more benefit to the optics manufacturer than simply a public relations boost.
“In addition to being an outstanding shooting series, these pro shooters also provide our engineers with invaluable feedback on improving products for the American warfighter,” Trepa said. “These competitors push their gear, including their optics, to the edge. The lessons we learn here translate directly to making an improved battlefield product.”
For the 2012 3-Gun Nation season, Team FNH USA has added six new members, including former competitors from History Channel’s “Top Shot” program.
Leupold will provide its new Mark 6 1-6x20mm scopes to Team FNH USA. This scope’s powerful 6x zoom range provides an expansive field of view and rapid target acquisition at low magnification, as well as outstanding long-range target engagement at higher powers.
The six new members of Team FNH USA are:
- Firearms instructor Chris Cerino has spent 20-years training law enforcement, military and civilian shooters. His interest in competitive shooting began after his appearance on “Top Shot.”
- Karla Herdzik is an Army veteran with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. She began shooting competitively after seeing the 3-Gun Nation TV program.
- Greg Jordan is a sheriff’s deputy and firearms instructor, and is a U.S. Practical Shooting Association Grand Master. Jordan shifted to 3-Gun as a way to enhance his skills and ability to train his officers.
- Joe Satterfield has more than 20 years of competitive experience and serves as a sheriff’s department SWAT commander.
- Jayson Smith comes to 3-Gun after 10 years of law enforcement experience, and is a veteran of both International Defensive Pistol Association and USPSA competition.
- Ashley Spurlin is a military advisor on counterterrorism issues, and a U.S. Air Force special forces veteran and another “Top Shot” veteran.
Supported by a team of dedicated engineers, the Leupold Tactical Optics staff works with American warfighters, law enforcement personnel and competitive shooters to design and build products that meet their needs. Currently, more long-range Leupold Tactical Optics are in service with the U.S. military than any other brand.
Leupold & Stevens, Inc., the preeminent American-owned optics company, employs hundreds of people in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility near Beaverton, Ore. Family owned and operated, Leupold offers products that are sold worldwide to hunters, competitive shooters, American military warfighters, law enforcement personnel and wildlife observers. The product line includes rifle, handgun and spotting scopes; binoculars; rangefinders; trail cameras; mounting systems; and optical tools and accessories. www.leupold.com