Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment

Bank of America - Bank of Hoplophobia
Bank of America – Bank of Hoplophobia

Phoenix, Arizona –-(Ammoland.com)- McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and has become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr. Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms to know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’s political position I can not in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635

About McMillan

McMillan Group International, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is the corporate parent for a family of firearms companies committed to excellence in the firearms industry. Companies include McMillan Firearms Manufacturing (formerly “McBros”), a manufacturer of the McMillan tactical and hunting rifles; McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, a leading manufacturer of premium custom fiberglass stocks for hunting, competition, tactical and OEM markets; and McMillan Machine Company, a contract manufacturer of precision machined parts.

McMillan Group International Logo

Hugh D Parker
Hugh D Parker

Question: I believe I read where other companies such as PayPal, eBay and more have the same policy. Can/will someone list all the Companies that are against the 2nd Amendment?

I stopped BOA and AARP earlier!

Hugh

Chuck
Chuck

Fast & Furious- Government Anti-Gun Scheme!!! My hat is off to all you people who have rallied around this. Also, the president's claim of executive privilege, has a hidden agenda. The government wanted those guns to cross the Mexican border and kill people, so they could push the UN Small Arms Treaty to "keep small arms from crossing national borders." It our government and Obama cared do much about this, when the gun dealers called and told the ATF what was going on, they would have stopped it, instead of tell them to sell the guns to these people. Hidden… Read more »

Chuck
Chuck

Beware of AARP ALSO!!! I banked with BOA until 1997. Even back then they started charging outrageous fees and I took my money out pronto. When you leave a bank for any reason, always tell them why. When BOA looses 100,000 customers because of being anit- gun, they will think long and hard about their gun grabbing policy. Also, I have refused to join AARP for years because of their policy of donating so much of each person's money for the anti-gun movement. Most people don't know this. I have told them I would never join until they quit this.… Read more »

James Pagonis
James Pagonis

You're all a bunch of idiots if you believe this article. Check Snopes or Truth or Fiction.

Sheesh.

montgomery
montgomery

as soon as we can we will change banks too..if they don't like the second amenment let them go to a country where they have know rights at all,see how long they stay….

PAtkins
PAtkins

This is a call to all Patriots to close their BOA accounts immediately. I will be the first in line!

Samuel Duck
Samuel Duck

Bank of America has a lot of shortcomings. And one thing we should keep in mind is that the bank is not in the best financial condition. Therefore, it is being run de facto by the federal government. Some of the decisions the bank makes may be because of its being overseen so closely and so strictly by the federal government which can, if it chooses to do so, make life complicated for the bank and its managers . . to include closing the bank. BofA is certainly acting like a pussy with your account. I, too, will close out… Read more »

Dennis Seitz
Dennis Seitz

Fortunately I don't have any accounts with BOA however it would be good to know if there are any other banks that support their position. If that list is available I suggest posting it so supporters of the second amendment know their options when it comes to financial decisions.

Dale Hafner
Dale Hafner

I wonder what BofA will do when they get robbed at gunpoint? Throw all of those cancelled credit cards at the robbers?

Mama Bear
Mama Bear

So BofA doesn't want to do business with gun fans. OK. Looks like there are plenty of folks here who are happy to oblige. Good for them.

I believe I'll pay off the balance on this BofA credit card of mine and then find some other card to replace it.

Mary Hodgman

Ever dollar one or a company rceives from the government one is forever under the command of the government. If you receive $100.00 or 10 million te governemnt has you in their grips!! Lesson DO NOT TAKE any amount of momey from the us government.

Ric Ashby
Ric Ashby

I own a small Real Estate Brokerage in AZ (45 employees) and I'm disgusted that Bank of America would profile a business in this way. I have multiple accounts, personal and business, with Bank of America for more than 15 years. I will be closing all accounts with Bank of America immediately!

Lena Stango
Lena Stango

BRAVO! to all of the above who still believe in AMERICA and the CONSTITUTION. Saying goodbye to BoA is what MUST to be done now. Hurt them in the pocketbook is the only thing they understand.

Technology Banker
Technology Banker

BOA has proceeded downhill dramatically all while ripping off it's customers. BOA obviously no good, too many f'in fees. BTW, countered pair of thugs who prepared to rob me at a BOA ATM. Had another criminal that wanted to do something with a weapon at a BOA branch. WTF?

Steve Guzman
Steve Guzman

I do a lot of business with B of A, or should I say I did I just closed my Corp Account after reading this. the maneger at the bank asked why, when I told him he had nothing more to say. thank you for the information on B of A.

Old Banker
Old Banker

When you don't support your country

then it should not support you.

Marty
Marty

I don't do business with BOA since they screwed my daughter (student account)and nephew (checking/debit account). They are a sleazy outfit!

Dick Cattaneo

No boa account-will never have one. It's good to hear so many are fed up with our govt bailing out companies that failed but will not lift a finger for the people and businesses that make our country work. We have a chance to change that this fall. If we fail we will all be wearing turbans.

Geary
Geary

It's just one more reason to understand that the election this fall is so very important. This attack on law abiding citizens is only going to get worse through the current political administrations manipulation, coersion, and threats as they persue their socialist/communist/Marxist approach to government.

Styeve
Styeve

BOA CAN KMA.

Craig
Craig

BOA HAS CUT THEIR NOSE OFF TO SPITE THEIR FACE. ONE OF THE MOST IRRATIONAL BANKS IN THIS COUNTRY…THEY REFUSED TO HELP US IN ANY WAY ON A MORTGAGE..REFINANCED WITH SOMEONE ELSE..THEY REFUSED TO HELP WITH CREDIT CARDS,,CANCELLED THEIR CARDS…..BOA NEEDS TO GO AWAY..THE EPITOMY OF DISGRACE, FRADULENT CEO, AND NO MORALS

James Rogers
James Rogers

There are a number of comments here about Basspro credit cards being BofA cards. Why is BofA doing business with Basspro and not Mcmillan? Basspro sells guns and shooting equipment. They probably would sell you a Mcmillan stock if you wanted one.

Melissa
Melissa

Isn't Wells Fargo the stagecoach?

Sometimes it is really hard to tell if you have a B of A card? Once in a while I will get something from B of A about a card of mine but the card says nowhere that it is a B of A account.

I will look closely at the cards I have and at any accounts I may apply for in the future. I would hate to apply for a store card to find that it is a B of A.

ijelli
ijelli

Is the bank with the guys riding on the stagecoach, purportedly with guns to keep us and our assests safe also a liberal looting bank?

Just wondering!

Rob Snider
Rob Snider

I think I will wait and see whether any of this is true. Much like the NRA is doing, right now all we are getting is one side of the story, and yet the sheep are following the shepherd blindly.

Rich Moxley
Rich Moxley

Did you know Bass Pro Shops Visa cards are Bank of America???

Boyce
Boyce

ALSO, IM SELLING MY BOA INVESTMENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MR. FOX OF BOFA IS A LIBERAL AS CAN TELL BY HIS NAME.

Boyce Abbott
Boyce Abbott

Bank of America should change their name to The Bank from HELL.. I bought a Scottsdale home from them in a short sale…It was hell. I moved the mortgage away from them because of that. NOW IM glad I did.

Andy
Andy

McMillan produces stocks and specialized rifles for police SWAT units and stocks for the US military (the M25 and M40 sniper rifles use McMillian stocks), so BOA’s efforts affect more than just gun owners. In other words, not only is BOA anti-Second Amendment, but by default it is now anti-US military.

ron yacketta

BOA is anti guns I left them several years ago

there are many other good banks that will welcome your gun related biz. also let it be known for the record Pay Pal and E_bay are also anti guns even antique Guns .Boycott

them and tell all your friends.

ron in clearwater florida the Gun State

Phillip
Phillip

Banks have been allowed to rob and steal assets for years. Maybe the NRA, SCI and other organizations who believe in America should start their own S&L's not only would they have ready access to new customers and profits they would make would help fund American's who believe in the Constitution the way it was written and get rid of the laws that are in direct conflict with what our forefathers stood and died for. Our Patriots who serve our country today that defend our right to bear arms should have companies that stand up for AMERICA! After all those… Read more »

ROY
ROY

BoA serves illegal aliens willingly because it serves the left wing agenda of creating more people dependent on the government and consequently more dumb voters to vote for thse stupid left wing policies. BoA runs off good solid independent productive American companies with good solid American values because they will vote the other way, follow the Constitution and be less likely to give them another bail-out. With one they will be required to provide good service be courteous and have good Banking practices to make money, with the other they will only have to suck up to the left………very interesting!… Read more »

Shawn
Shawn

Patriots need to put their $ into pools to fund the companies and efforts that align with our beliefs and ideals. Time for one of us to start "The Patriot Bank". I'd put all my $ there

byron lochridge
byron lochridge

B of A also owns Merrill Lynch. Suggest people take a look at them and condsider moving investments from to more reliable ones that serve customers better.

Kimberly Kumar
Kimberly Kumar

It's not that they refuse to do business with me because I do firmly support the 2nd amendment … it's that I REFUSE to do business with THEM! Plenty of fish in the sea. Usually, local smaller ones are better

Retrac Negge

There is only one way they will ever take away the 2 small guns I've had for over 78 years for my own protection… and that is OVER MY COLD DEAD BODY!!!! Goodbye to my AAA BoA credit card.

Allan Arnold
Allan Arnold

I'll be closing my AAA Visa account. This is the only kind of action these social engineering S.O.B.s understand.

JoJo from Tucson
JoJo from Tucson

Hate to pile on, but the B of A guy mentioned in the story, Mr. Fox, is a complete douche-bag. Pompous, arrogant, horse's ass. Bet that conversation was a blood pressure raiser for Kelly McMillan.

Larry Robinson
Larry Robinson

Fortunately I do not use either of the companies and will no longer buy from anyone that accepts their cards or lines of credit.

Sick and tired of left wingers and those that support them. I vote only for Americans with moral values which leaves out all of the news makers of the day residing in D.C.

Jim Jenkins
Jim Jenkins

Received notice in the mail that BoA is ending their affiliation with Ducks Unlimited. Last night I ended my affiliation with BoA.

John R. Sargenti
John R. Sargenti

I have a Bank of America Visa as a Outdoor Rewards card issued by BASS PRO SHOP in California. I hope BASS PRO SHOPS are aware of what is going on. I am cancelling my card as of today !!

MC
MC

My mother recently passed away from a rather unpleasant fight with lung cancer. As a result, her pension stopped and her husband recieves a final one time payment from social security. They had a home mortgage with BOA, as well as a credit card and a checking account. Her mortgage was an auto debit to her checking acct., which was insufficiently funded due to the loss of her pension/social security. They had overdraft protection to cover the shortfall…BOA charged it to their credit card. These people are immoral crooks. Shame on them.

Don Towman
Don Towman

Cancelled my CC with BoA when they started issuing illegal aliens credit cards without a SS# a few years back.

Michael Parker
Michael Parker

In other words they don't support the Constitution of the United States of America. I guess their "america" in their name is for South America, not the United States. I pulled my account from them after they began issueing credit cards to illegal immigrants who aren't required to show a SSN to obtain one, but require US citizens to do so. They should change their name to Bank of the Socialists.

Hiwayman29
Hiwayman29

These bozos at BOA don't pay too much attention…anyone remember First Interstate AKA

"Worst Interstate"? They self destructed…almost like these dummies…I'm closing my substantial accounts with BOA today!!

WXMAN
WXMAN

I quit banking with BofA when they accepted money from the government!

JIMMYGUNNER
JIMMYGUNNER

haha I go on bank of america site they offer military banking online and Financial Solutions WTF let me guess The soldiers that give there lives for us would be happy to fight with sticks or maybe just a baseball bat who runs that bank put that SOB on the front line with a stick and tell him get the bad guy Hey when he is done he can show us how to invest our money, BofA needs to get out of banking giving loans to boader jumping scums bailouts who would ever want them to hold there money so… Read more »

JIMMYGUNNER
JIMMYGUNNER

Screw bank of non-America pocket lining greed I will pass this on to all I know that bank there, My aunt who does have alot of money in there system, But also own a gun for protection she will pull her money and move it when she see this. good luck BofA

Trent
Trent

I think that all have forgotten that BofA is actually Nations Bank, you know the company that was caught practicing debits before credits. This company only renamed itself because it was caught, they have NEVER been an upstanding company and never will. I would so love to see this company go to bankruptcy. They are crooks and their opinion should not guide our future.

norma jean
norma jean

how can I send this to my facebook so I tell even MORE people???