FORT BENNING, Ga. –-(Ammoland.com)- The U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Smallbore (.22-caliber) Shooting starts tomorrow June 1 at Fort Benning on the ranges of the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit and will run through June 11.
The seven remaining slots to be filled on the U.S. Olympic shooting team will be awarded during the trials.
Shooters will shoot three qualification rounds and finals per event over the course of three days and the Olympic qualifier will be announced at an awards ceremony following the last final for that event.
The schedule is as follows:
- May 31-June 2 Men’s 50m Free Pistol-One slot awarded after final round on June 2
- June 3-4 Women’s Prone Rifle – One slot awarded after final round June 4
- June 3-5 Men’s Prone Rifle – One slot awarded after final round June 5
- June 6-8 Women’s Three-Position Rifle – One slot awarded after final round June 8
- June 6-8 Men’s Rapid Fire Pistol – Two slots awarded after final round June 8
- June 9-11 Men’s Three-Position Rifle -One slot awarded after final round June 11
The USAMU enhances the Army’s recruiting effort, raises the standard of the Army’s marksmanship proficiency, and supports the Army’s small arms research and development initiatives in order to raise the Army’s overall combat readiness. For more information on the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, contact the Public Affairs Office at (706) 545-5436, [email protected] or www.USAMU.com.