Napa, CA –-(Ammoland.com)- The Gun Club of America (GCA) today announced an additional training class, Special 1911 & GLOCK Pistolsmithing Course, taught by Master Pistolsmith Gene Shuey at GunStock.
The additional training day opportunity will be held on Thursday, June 14th and Monday, June 18th and are limited to 20 or fewer students.
“Gene Shuey is one of our most beloved instructors and has a wealth of knowledge. Teaching this additional training class at GunStock was just a natural evolution,” said Gene Kelly, President of American Gunsmithing Institute and the Gun Club of America. “We’re really excited to offer this additional course to our members.”
In this course, taught in Shuey’s personal shop, many secrets will be revealed to the attending students.
A complete “how-to” reliability package will be taught for the 1911, including:
- “How-to” balance springs for reliability and softer recoil
- “How-to” make a light trigger job last indefinitely
- Proper use and fitting of guide rods
- “Dos and Don’ts” on finishing 1911 slides for a custom look
- Understanding magazine design, malfunctions and corrections
- Making the 1911 SAFE without the series 80 parts
- Bull barrel vs. bushing barrel
- Methods and hardware on red dot scope mounting
Shuey will also teach students how to build custom, exotic GLOCKs with the latest aftermarket frames, slides barrels and trigger systems. Additionally, Shuey will cover:
- Various methods of installing optics on frames and the slide itself
- The latest in compensators using barrel mounted and modular mounts
- Methods for creating exotic finishes for GLOCKs
- Additional “how-to” demonstrations
The class will conclude with a complete Q&A session on 1911’s and GLOCKs. Please note this course is a separate class offering from GunStock and will be taught on Thursday, June 14th and Monday, June 18th. Cost to attend is $300 per person. For more information on the course, please visit http://gcagunstock.com/tickets.htm. Call the Gun Club of America at 1-800-435-4262 to reserve your spot in this course.
GUNSTOCK is a three day event to be held at the Stillwater Firearms Association (SFA) Range in Fallon, Nevada from June 15th through 17th, 2012. GCA members can attend numerous hands-on, how-to firearms training sessions, clinics and seminars.
Not a GCA member yet? Call to join at 1-800-435-4262 or go to www.JoinGCA.com.
The Gun Club of America is the fraternity for firearms enthusiasts. Our members experience camaraderie and fellowship, savings and education receiving valuable firearms information, online forums and special events not available elsewhere. For more info go to www.joinGCA.com or call 1-800-435-GCOA (4262).