NEWTOWN, Conn –-(Ammoland.com)- USA Shooting Team members have stood on the Olympic medal stand, appeared on the NBC Today Show and made millions of target shooters proud with their medal-winning performances at the Summer Olympic Games.
As a major sponsor of USA Shooting, the National Shooting Sports Foundation doesn’t want the cheering to stop.
So tomorrow NSSF will be running a full page, four-color ad in USA Today that congratulates all members of the USA Shooting Team who competed in London and, particularly, the four athletes who earned three gold medals and one bronze.
The ad’s headline reads: “Congratulations To All Our Shooters on the U.S. Olympic Team” and continues, “Making history, setting records, showing the world the fun and excitement of the shooting sports: You’ve made us proud.”
“The National Shooting Sports Foundation is honored to be a sponsor of USA Shooting, and we are thrilled to draw even more attention with this ad to the fine men and women representing our sports on the world stage,” said Chris Dolnack, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for NSSF, the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry.
Four individual athletes are featured the ad:
- Gold medalist Kim Rhode, who became the first American ever to medal in five consecutive Olympic Games and who set a new Olympic record and tied a world record in women’s skeet.
- Gold medalist Vincent Hancock, who became the first skeet shooter to win that Olympic event twice and who set two Olympic records.
- Gold medalist Jamie Gray, who set two Olympic records in both the final and qualification rounds of women’s 50-meter, three-position rifle.
- Bronze medalist Matt Emmons, who added to his gold and silver medal tally from previous Games in the men’s 50-meter three-position rifle.
The ad also gives readers an opportunity to download NSSF’s Where2Shoot app for the iPhone, which allows users to search for shooting facilities nationwide, watch video tips on hunting and shooting and keep up with news about the shooting sports.
- View the NSSF-sponsored ad appearing in USA Today.
- Learn more about USA Shooting and support the Team here.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 7,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.