Tunica, Miss. — -(Ammoland.com)- The Professional Outdoor Media Association's (POMA) 2012 Pinnacle Award honorees were announced by Ronnie “Cuz” Strickland, Sr. Vice President of Mossy Oak at POMA's Annual Business Conference in Tunica, Miss.
Mossy Oak has been the presenting partner of the Pinnacle Awards since the program’s inception.
The Pinnacle Awards honor journalists for exceptional achievement in traditional outdoor sports-focused communications, including writing, photography/illustration/art, broadcasting as well as content focused on wildlife conservation.
“The outdoor media played a key role in the early success of the Mossy Oak brand and our company,” said Toxey Haas, founder of Mossy Oak, during the annual awards presentation. “The media’s contribution to our success continues today – and for that, we will always be grateful. Journalists play the key role in informing the public about products, opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and conservation. They are critical to the health and growth of the outdoor industry.”
“Because of the media’s contribution to our industry, Mossy Oak is proud to have the opportunity to recognize outstanding outdoor communicators through the POMA Pinnacle Awards program,” Strickland added. “Each of the top nominees and winners are at the top of their craft and truly the best of the best in their profession.”
2012 POMA Pinnacle Award Winners & Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Winner – John Jefferson, “The Golden Age of Park Acquisitions”, Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine
- Outstanding Achievement – Karen Mehall, “Game Profiles: American Woodcock”, American Hunter magazine
- Winner – Tom Tatum, “The Fisherman's Father, The Fisherman's Son”, Outdoor Delaware magazine
- Outstanding Achievement – Tim Christie, “Hunting for Memories”, Wyoming Wildlife magazine
- Winner – Darren Warner, “Will to Keep Hunting Helps Amputee Walk Again”, NRA Hunters' Rights (www.nrahuntersrights.com)
- Outstanding Achievement – Tom Tatum, “State Faces Tipping Point in New Year”, Daily Local News (West Chester, PA)
- Winner – Jonathan Brunson, “Addicted to the Outdoors – Noodlin' Adventure”, Outdoor Channel
- Outstanding Achievement – Tom Gresham, “Gun Talk Television – New Shooters”, Versus Network (NBC Sports)
- Winner – Richard Bernier, “Two Fawns Feeding”, Deer & Deer Hunting magazine.
- Outstanding Achievement – Tim Christie, “A Cackle in the Cold”, Field & Stream magazine; and Tim Flanigan, “Reflected Woodcock Probing Lunch”, Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show, Harrisburg, PA
Mossy Oak, one of just six POMA Diamond Cornerstone members, joined forces with POMA to promote excellence in communications at all levels and encourage members of the media to set the bar high — knowing the importance to the industry of a professional and dedicated media corps.
“Since POMA’s launch, Mossy Oak’s commitment to the organization and its journalists has been unwavering,” said Tammy Sapp, POMA president. “The company’s efforts are unsurpassed.”
The Professional Outdoor Media Association is a group of individual communicators and Corporate Partners who believe in, defend, support and promote the heritage of hunting, fishing, shooting and traditional outdoor sports through writing, photography and other means. POMA’s is committed to excellence in communications at all levels and to mentoring the next generation of traditional outdoor sports communicators. www.professionaloutdoormedia.org
About Mossy Oak
Haas Outdoors Inc. headquartered in West Point, Miss., was established in 1986 and is home of Mossy Oak. Mossy Oak specializes in developing and marketing modern camouflage designs for hunters and outdoorsmen. Mossy Oak patterns can be found on a multitude of products worldwide. Haas Outdoors Inc. is the outdoor industry leader in modern camouflage design, international licensing and marketing. Haas Outdoors Inc. markets its services and products under widely recognized brands including: Mossy Oak, BioLogic, Mossy Oak Productions, MOOSE Media, Nativ Nurseries, and Mossy Oak Properties. www.mossyoak.com