Three-day events include special appearances, giveaways & much more.
ST. PAUL, Minn., –-(Ammoland.com)- The excitement surrounding fall fishing and hunting seasons will jump up a notch this weekend, as the North Carolina and Alabama outdoor communities find fun, freebies and celebrities at the grand opening celebration for new Gander Mountain stores in Morrisville, N.C. and Florence, Ala.
Special events, giveaways and appearances are scheduled all weekend, October 5-7, to celebrate the nation’s largest retail network of outdoors specialty stores opening its fourth North Carolina location and its second Alabama location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to the countless outdoors enthusiasts in North Carolina and Alabama, and to the surrounding regions, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to Morrisville and Florence,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a pair of fun and informative grand opening weekends that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The 52,000-square-foot Morrisville store is located at 2100 Village Market Place in Morrisville. The store is in Park West Village, a new 100-acre mixed-use development that offers distinctive shopping and entertainment opportunities, located at the corner of NW Cary Parkway and NC-54/Chapel Hill Road. The 45,000-square-foot Florence store is located at 340 Seville Street. Both stores’ attractive exterior design and interior layout reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures. The grand opening weekends will include special extended hours, with doors open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
Grand opening weekend events and appearances in Morrisville include:
- Bruce Mitchell and Jacob Landry, stars of History’s hit documentary series “Swamp People” will appear Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 3 p.m.
- National touring and recording artist Candy Coburn, star of the recently released album “Comin’ Home” will appear Saturday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Seventeen-year NASCAR veteran Ward Burton, founder of the Ward Burton Wildlife Foundation, will appear Saturday from Noon to 3 p.m.
- Elite Bassmaster pro angler and SPRO pro-staffer John Crews, who has 16 Top-10 finishes in Bassmaster tournaments, will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Grand opening weekend events and appearances in Florence include:
- Troy Landry and Chase Landry, stars of History’s hit documentary series “Swamp People” will appear on Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Elite Bassmaster pro angler and Gander Mountain pro-staffer Dean Rojas, who holds the record for largest one-day five bass catch with 45 lbs., 2 oz., will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Elite Bassmaster pro angler and Big Bite Baits pro-staffer Russ Lane, who has nine Top-10 finishes in Bassmaster tournaments, will appear Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Elite Bassmaster pro angler and Daiwa pro-staffer Randy Howell, who is currently ranked fifth in Bassfan.com’s world rankings, will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Bass fishing legend and Strike-King pro-staffer Denny Brauer, a member of the Professional Bass Fishing Hall of Fame, will appear Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Both stores feature these promotions:
- The first 100 customers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain hat.
- Customers can register for a chance to win one of three $500 Gander Mountain gift cards
The new Gander Mountain stores feature the largest selection of new and used firearms in North Carolina and Alabama, together with the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery. The store will offer an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, Under Armour, GSX, Mountain Hardwear, Guide Series, Carhartt, Marmot and Kühl, and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, Brooks, Patagonia, Timberland, LaCrosse, Itasca, Saucony and Salomon.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application on-line at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
For more information, or to shop on-line, visit www.GanderMountain.com.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, Minn., is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors®” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. There are currently 117 conveniently located Gander Mountain outdoor lifestyle stores in 24 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.