MISSOULA, Mont. –-(Ammoland.com)- A new year, a new venue, and new features highlight Elk Camp 2013 when the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation transforms the Las Vegas strip into the Elk Hunting Capital of the World.
RMEFs annual expo and convention is set for Feb. 28-March 3 at the Mirage and the Las Vegas Convention Center.
We are excited to return to Las Vegas and build on the progress and enthusiasm from a year ago, said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO. We have plenty of accomplishments from 2012 to officially recognize, including one that is a real game changer for us. And hosting Elk Camp at the Mirage gives us the opportunity to celebrate elk and habitat conservation in ways greater than ever before.
RMEF relied on the excitement and energy of past Elk Camps over the last 28 years to incrementally set the stage for renewed efforts to better carry out a mission of enhancing elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.
We cant wait to get to Vegas to be with our members and volunteers from across the country, added Allen. The synergy and support we will generate together from Elk Camp 2013 is vital to propel RMEF toward another year of success in achieving our conservation goals.
In 2012, since its inaugural Elk Camp in Las Vegas earlier that year, RMEF helped permanently protect and enhance thousands of acres of habitat, bolstered elk populations east of the Mississippi River, contributed funding toward predator-ungulate research, supported wolf hunts in six states, applauded the increasing numbers of hunters nationwide and the delisting of wolves in Wyoming, received several conservation awards, and introduced thousands of youth to hunting and conservation.
In addition to the new venue, the Elk Camp 2013 expo and convention is expanding to four days.
Highlighted events for attendees include:
- Exciting fundraising auctions, raffles and games featuring a wide array of must-have items, including fully guided and outfitted hunts, trips, original artwork, special big game permits, custom firearms, ATVs, a New Holland tractor and much, much more.
- The 25th anniversary of the World Elk Calling Championships presented by Leupold.
- World-class entertainment with performances by Ronnie Dunn, the Charlie Daniels Band, Daryle Singletary and others.
- The Wednesday evening Welcome Reception, Friends of the Foundation breakfast, Opening Ceremonies & dinner, Ladies Auction, Hunters Bonanza Luncheon, Volunteer Fun Night, Grand Banquet concert & dance, FCA prayer breakfast and surprise presentations.
- The largest Elk Camp exhibit hall and expo yet with 350 companies in more than 600 booths covering 200,000 square feet selling or spotlighting adventures and outdoor-related services for hunting, fishing, camping, travel, ATVs, trucks, clothing, wildlife art and other products.
- New special features such as the RMEF Great Elk Tour, a giant casting pond and contest, and Eastmans Trophy Deer Display.
- Continuing favorites like the RMEF Trading Post & conservation raffle, Midway Laser Shot Range, Boy Scouts of America Scouts Challenge, 3D pop-up archery range, Youth Sports Fair (hosted by the Nevada Department of Wildlife), Adventure Theater Seminars, a 40-foot aquarium demo tank and hourly talks from pros about gear and techniques. International Sportsmens Expositions, which produces Americas premier hunting, fishing and travel shows, manages the exhibit hall and expo. For booth information, contact [email protected] or call 800-545-6100. To view the current exhibitor list, go to http://www.SportsExpos.com/
- Registration packages, discounted rates, VIP treatment and choice reserved seating available for RMEF members. The new Monarch Package (members only) provides access to all events at $550 per person. For additional registration information, visit http://www.rmef.org/ or call 866-455-RMEF.
Public walk-up admission for an adult to attend expo hall is $12 daily. Admission is FREE for youth under age 16 and active military (with ID). Show hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 28, through Saturday, March 2, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 3.
MidwayUSA is the official sponsor of Elk Camp 2013. Other sponsors include Aflac, Browning, Brunton, Budweiser, Danner, Cabelas, Leupold, North American Hunter, Nationwide, Nosler, Realtree and Hunters Specialties.
About the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
RMEF is leading a conservation initiative that protected or enhanced habitat on more than 6.1 million acresan area larger than Yellowstone, Great Smoky Mountains, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Yosemite and Rocky Mountain national parks combined. RMEF also is a strong voice for hunters in access, wildlife management and conservation policy issues. RMEF members, partners and volunteers, working together as Team Elk, are making a difference all across elk country. Join us at www.rmef.org or 800-CALL ELK.