By Attorney Evan F. Nappen, PGNH Counsel
Eatontown, NJ –-(Ammoland.com)- Recently, VP Joe Biden said, at a news conference in Philadelphia, that “any reports that suggest that [Obama] was trying to take weapons away from gun owners was [sic] a “bunch of malarkey.” He further stated that “it was important for the media to dissuade the American public from the idea that the Obama administration was prepared to do something unconstitutional on guns.”
This was very comforting to hear. They just want to calm gun owners’ fears. Biden wouldn't be trying to lull gun owners into submission, would he? I am glad to know the White House is not out to disarm us. So, I want to help clarify the Vice President’s message.
Here are the proofs that Obama does NOT want your guns:
1) Obama does NOT want your guns. He just wants to stop “Gun Violence” by supporting Senator Dianne Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.
2) Obama does NOT want your guns. Senator Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 BANS only any semiautomatic firearm (handgun, rifle or shotgun) that uses a magazine and has a “pistol grip…” (A pistol grip is defined as “a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.”) Therefore Obama ONLY wants to BAN ALL magazine feed semi-automatic firearms with something on it you can grip. (Hat tip to Alan Korwin of www.gunlaws.com for pointing this out.)
3) Obama does NOT want your guns. Senator Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 BANS only, in addition to every magazine-fed semi-automatic firearm with something on it you can grip, the following guns by name: RIFLES:
All AK types, including the following: AK, AK47, AK47S, AK–74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS. All AR types, including the following: AR–10, AR–15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15–T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR–70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R–15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR–15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT–9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub–2000, SU–16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR–48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M–14/20CF. All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1–C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine. PISTOLS: All AK–47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK–47 pistol, HCR AK–47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK–47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK–47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol. All AR–15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP–9 and MP–45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB–10, TEC–22 Scorpion, TEC–9, and TEC–DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol.The following MAC types: MAC–10, MAC–11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M–11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre.All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5.All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI. SHOTGUNS: Franchi LAW–12 and SPAS 12. All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP–01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12. BELT-FED FIREARMS: All belt-fed semiautomatic firearms including TNW M2HB.
4) Obama does NOT want your guns. He just wants to stop “Gun Violence” by supporting Senator Feinstein’s Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 which BANS all magazines, stripper clips, and drums holding over 10 rounds.
5) Obama does NOT want your guns. He only issued 23 EXECUTIVE ORDERS creating new gun regulations by decree.
6) Obama does NOT want your guns. He just wants UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS on all firearm transfers in America, including all private sales and even inheritances. This is really nothing short of UNIVERSAL BACKDOOR REGISTRATION. Every gun transfer in the US would have to go through a licensed gun dealer who must maintain bound record books of all transactions. These records could then be subjected to computer data basing by EXECUTIVE ORDER. And just because the government will know everyone who has guns doesn't mean that they will ever take them away…right? RIGHT?
Obama does NOT want your guns. Your guns and magazines will simply be confiscated, crushed, and destroyed by the federal government. You will be put on a “special” government list of gun owners.
Obama does NOT want your guns. That IS a “bunch of malarkey.” He just wants your gun rights… and YOU.
Evan Nappen (www.EvanNappen.com) is a criminal defense attorney who has focused on New Jersey firearms and weapons law for over 23 years. He is the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Visit his website at www.EvanNappen.com