Harry Reid Buys Anti-gun Votes from his “Secret Room”, This battle is ObamaCare II .
Washington, DC –-(Ammoland.com)- “The most annoying thing is the phone calls.” – a Senior Senate Staffer commenting on the effectiveness of thousands of phone calls pouring into their offices (June 21, 2013)
URGENT ACTION: A key vote in the Senate will be occurring later today or tomorrow morning. Please call your Senators at 202-224-3121 to register your opinion, and if you live in a state with two anti-gun Senators, then use the contact list below to call Senators who are on the fence. Urge your pro-gun friends and family to do the same.
Making them “An offer they can’t refuse.” Thursday night last week was like a scene from the Godfather.
One by one, senators shuffled into Harry Reid's “secret room” in the Capitol, and each one (figuratively) kissed his ring and (again, figuratively) received his payment from Reid's stack of bills.
And, by the end of the night, Reid had presumably bought enough votes to pass his anti-gun immigration amnesty bill.
Things haven't changed a bit from ObamaCare. Same secret room. Same procession of supplicants. Same massive secret bill, revealed at the very same moment Reid filed his motion to cut off debate. Same morally challenged senators who were more than willing to have their votes bought.
Either later today or tomorrow morning, the Senate will vote on whether to cut off all debate on the massive amendment which didn't exist until Friday morning.
There are two things to remember: The liberal (and demonstrably partisan) Congressional Budget Office looked at the long fences, copious border agents, and Orwellian E-Verify in the base bill — and decided it would have little impact on illegal immigration, reducing it by only 25%. This, in exchange for 8,000,000 new, largely anti-gun voters.
If Hoeven, Corker, and Schumer claim that their “super-secret probation” amendment (fences, agents, e-verify) will have any more of an impact, let's get a CBO estimate of that.
Second, the one thing Schumer has consistently refused to do is to condition his 8,000,000 new Democratic voters on the statistically demonstrable success of border security. What does that tell you?
It says this bill is more about turning this country blue than it is about securing the border.
ACTION: Call your Senators at 202-224-3121, especially if they are listed below. Tell them to vote against cloture on Harry Reid's “Godfather amendment.”
NOTE: For those of you who live in California, New York (and other states with two anti-gun Senators), you could use this opportunity to call some of the Senators on the Target List below.
Senators Up for Grabs. According to media reports (and Senate intelligence), the following Senators are either on the fence or are leaning towards voting “yes” on the Hoeven amendment:
Mark Begich (D) (202)224-3004
Lisa Murkowski (R) (202)224-6665
Saxby Chambliss (R) (202)224-3521
Johnny Isakson (R) (202)224-3643
Dan Coats (R)(202)224-5623
Kansas & Kentucky
Jerry Moran (R-KS) (202)224-6521
Mitch McConnell (R-KY) (202)224-2541
Maine & Missouri
Susan Collins (R-ME) (202)224-2523
Roy Blunt (R-MO) (202)224-5721
Roger Wicker (R)(202)224-6253
Max Baucus (D) (202)224-2651
Jon Tester (D) (202)224-2644
Richard Burr (R) (202)224-3154
Kay Hagan (D) (202)224-6342
Deb Fischer (R)(202)224-6551
Mike Johanns (R)(202)224-4224
New Jersey & Nevada
Jeff Chiesa (R-NJ) – Call the switchboard (202)224-3121
Dean Heller (R-NV) (202)224-6244
Ohio & Oklahoma
Rob Portman (R-OH) (202)224-3353
Tom Coburn (R-OK) (202)224-5754
Tim Johnson (D) (202)224-5842
Lamar Alexander (R) (202)224-4944
Orrin Hatch (R) (202)224-5251
Ron Johnson (R) (202)224-5323
Joe Manchin (D) (202)224-3954
Jay Rockefeller (D) (202)224-6472
—– Talking Points for Senate Offices —–
- Vote no on the Hoeven amendment. Vote against cloture on the Hoeven amendment.
- Even the liberal (and very partisan) Congressional Budget Office said that the underlying amnesty bill would have little impact on illegal immigration, reducing it by only 25%. This would be true — even after building long fences, adding more border agents, and establishing an Orwellian E-Verify system for workers.
- Given that all the Hoeven amendment would do is fund more of the same agents, fences, and e-verify that CBO just said wouldn't stop illegal immigration, you would be foolish to pass it without getting a new CBO estimate.
- The one thing that Senator Chuck Schumer has consistently refused to do is to condition his 8,000,000 new (mostly anti-gun) voters on the proposition that the border will first be secured in a statistically demonstrable manner.
- According to Breitbart, for all of the tens of billions of dollars of (non-offset) money Hoeven spends, it proceeds to newly make it lawful for illegal immigrants to PROSPECTIVELY overstay their visas and nevertheless get green cards under Gang of Eight amnesty provisions. Hence, it rewards illegals who PROSPECTIVELY violate our immigration laws, making it worse than the Gang of Eight draft.
- Also according to Breitbart, Hoeven now contains a laundry-list of non-germane Cornhusker Kickback-style giveaways — intended to buy votes in exactly the same way Reid did on ObamaCare. Hence, Hoeven has correctly been billed as ObamaCare 2.0.
- Please vote against cloture on the Hoeven amendment!
About:Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue. `The only no comprise gun lobby in Washington' – Ron Paul Visit: www.gunowners.org to Join.