-2013 Best of the Best Award Winners Announced.
New York, NY─-(Ammoland.com)- Field & Stream gave top honors to the best new hunting, shooting, and related outdoor products today, announcing 24 winners in the magazine’s annual “Best of the Best” roundup.
Winning products were battle-tested by the magazine’s expert panels of gear fanatics to ensure they’re up to snuff.
“Our test teams spent the better part of the past year finding and testing the gear that will make readers’ time in the woods more productive and more fun,” says Slaton White, Deputy Editor of Field & Stream. “The winning products not only withstood our tough testing, but they stood head and shoulders above the rest. The Best of the Best is the highest honor Field & Stream bestows on gear, and the winning products are the best of the year; worth your time, worth your money.”
The 2013 Field & Stream Best of the Best winners run the gamut, from oh-so-humble (but dead reliable) scope rings to an elegant binocular that sets a new standard of design. And in between, readers will find a mother lode of smartly conceived products that can help improve the performance of any hunter in the field.
Test-team members devoted months to rigorously testing 150 products during a process dubbed the Field & Stream Torture Tests. Products were shot, bent, driven, dropped, and generally abused. Anything that faltered was immediately eliminated. Beyond surviving the torture tests, the 24 winning items were ultimately selected based on the significance of the innovation, the quality of the design, and the value they bring to outdoorsmen. Criteria varied, depending upon the category, but all the winning products share one characteristic: excellence in their field.
For more on Field & Stream’s Best of the Best, please see the August issue of the magazine or visit FieldandStream.com/BOTBHunting2013
FIELD & STREAM’S 2013 BEST OF THE BEST WINNERS:
- · Barnett BCX Crossbow
- · Benchmade 162 Bushcrafter Utility Knife
- · Bowtech Experience Compound Bow
- · Bushnell Elite Tactical LMSS 8-40x60mm Spotting Scope
- · Cabela’s Fast Tracker Pack
- · Champion Pivot Traverse Bipod
- · Columbia Expedition Ridge Wool Jacket and Pant
- · DiamondBlade Meridian Hunting Knife
- · Fabarm Elos Deluxe Smallbore Over/Under
- · Federal Premium Safari Cape-Shok/Woodleigh Hydro Solid Bullets
- · Jeep Grand Cherokee
- · Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42mm Rangefinder Binocular
- · LHR Sporting Arms Redemption Muzzleloader
- · Lowa Tibet GTX HI Boots
- · Moultrie Panoramic 150 Trail Camera
- · Ol’ Man The Drone Climbing Treestand
- · Polaris Ranger XP 900 UTV
- · Redring Optical Shotgun Sight
- · Ruger M77 Guide Gun
- · Titanium Gold Tiger Stripe Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50 AE Handgun
- · Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24mm Riflescope
- · Weaver Grand Slam Scope Rings
- · Winchester AA Traacker Shotshell
- · Zeiss Terra ED 10x42mm Binocular
Field & Streamâ, The World’s Leading Outdoor Magazine, is the country’s largest enthusiast title and most recognized outdoor publication. Devoted to the complete outdoor experience and lifestyle, Field & Stream (FieldandStream.com) gives its readers the knowledge and inspiration to pursue the sports they love. It celebrates the outdoor experience with great stories, compelling photography and sound advice, while honoring the traditions hunters and fishermen have passed down for generations. Established in 1895, Field & Stream is published 11 times per year by the Bonnier Corporation. Subscribe to Field & Stream Here: http://tiny.cc/rvib0w
The Bonnier Corporation (bonniercorp.com) is one of the largest consumer-publishing groups in America and the leading media company serving passionate, highly engaged audiences through more than 40 special-interest magazines and related multimedia projects and events.