SHACKLEFORDS, VA (July 2013) International Training, Inc. ( ITI), a training company of G4S GS, and providers of benchmark security training programs to the U.S. Government, U.S. Military and corporate America, is teaching a Two Day Tactical Carbine and Pistol Course at its Virginia Facility on October 11th and 12th, 2013.
The Tactical Carbine portion of the course was developed for students who are familiar with the operation of the carbine rifle.
This portion of the course will enhance fundamentals and safe handling of semi-automatic AR-15 style rifles. Students will be given the foundation for marksmanship skills required for target engagements. The skills required to make a precision shot will be based on time, distance and shooter capabilities. Additionally, the course will provide students with pistol handling techniques to enhance draw speed and accuracy in a tactical situation. Students completing the course will have a better understanding of rifle and pistol marksmanship, as well as an understanding of how to improve skills learned.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
- Gear Placement
- Sight-In Procedures
- Loading, Unloading, Reloading and Clearing Malfunctions
- High vs. Low Ready
- Positional Shooting
- Close Contact Shooting
- Multiple Shots and Multiple Targets
- Shooting While Moving
- Use of Cover vs. Concealment
Training will commence at 8:00 am with classroom instruction and will end at 5:00 pm with practical exercises. There will be a one hour lunch break included. Upon completion of the 16 hour course, students will receive a certificate.
Students are required to bring:
- 500 Rounds of Rifle Ammunition
- 500 Rounds of Pistol Ammunition
- Carbine Rifle and Semi-Automatic Pistol; both systems in good operable condition
- Rifle: (3) or More Magazines
- Optical Sight (Optional)
- Pistol: Holster, Magazine Pouch and (3) or More Magazines
- Belt (Sturdy), Protective Vest with Magazine Pouches or LBE
- Spare Weapons Parts (Recommended)
- Weapon Cleaning Kit (with Oil)
- Eye and Ear Protection (clear and shaded lens recommended)
- Elbow and Knee Pads (Optional)
- Rain or Inclement Weather Gear
- Sunscreen (non-greasy or water resistant)
ITI recommends that students wear comfortable shoes (no toeless), long pants and a long sleeve shirt (weather dependent).
The cost of the course is $300 for U.S. Government employees and $332 for civilians. A minimum of 10 registered students is required to run the course with a maximum of 12 students.
About International Training, Inc.
International Training Incorporated (ITI) is a subsidiary of G4S Government Solutions. Founded in 1989; ITI is committed to providing benchmark security training programs emphasizing professionalism, quality, customer service and a fair price. ITI conducts both mobile and fixed site training in security assistance and security service programs for the U.S. Government, U.S. military, corporate America, and now private citizens. For more information on ITI or any of their courses, log on to www.iti.com.