Florida – -(Ammoland.com)- Gun Rights Policy Conference 2013 – The time has come for the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference, hosted by the Second Amendment Foundation.
Last year's conference was held in Orlando, and was attended by the entire Florida Carry Board of Directors.
As leaders of the host state gun rights organization, Florida Carry Executive Directors Sean Caranna and Rich Nascak, as well as lead counsel Eric Friday were honored to be included among the notables to speak to the gathering of several hundred gun rights supporters from across the nation.
This year's conference is being held in Houston, TX on September 27 – 29. Sean, Rich, and Eric again will be in attendance this year, and Sean will be speaking this year on State issues. In addition to Sean, the speaker list is a veritable who's who in gun rights. Among the speakers this year are:
- * Alan Gottlieb – Founder, Second Amendment Foundation
- * Larry Pratt – Executive Director, Gun Owners of America
- * Hon. Sam Slom – Minority Leader, Hawaii Senate
- * Massad Ayoob – Founder, Lethal Force Institute
- * Marty Hayes – President, Armed Citizens Defense League
- * Alan Gura – Litigator in Heller v. District of Columbia and McDonald v. City of Chicago
- * Emily Miller – Senior Editorial Page Editor, Washington Times
- * Dave Kopel – Research Director, Independence Institute
- * Dr. John Lott – Economist and author of “More Guns, Less Crime”
- * Joe Waldron – Legislative Director, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- * Charles Heller – Executive Director, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
Florida Carry Legal Intern Passes Florida Bar – When Kelly Sicheri was a law student at Florida State University, she contacted us about a possible internship. Kelly did a bang-up job in researching obscure case law and legislative history for our legal cadre and successfully lobbied the 2013 legislature for expanded concealed carry privileges. Florida Carry is pleased and extremely proud to announce that Kelly passed the her bar exam and may now correctly addressed as Kelly N. Sicheri, Esq. Congratulations Kelly!
Florida Carry is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization dedicated to advancing the fundamental civil right of all Floridians to keep and bear arms for self defense as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I Section 8 of the Florida Constitution. Florida Carry, Inc. was organized by a group of Florida gun rights activists in order to better coordinate activities, effectively lobby the state legislature, and to provide a legal entity capable of filing suit to demand compliance with state and federal law. Florida Carry stands only to represent our members and the over 6 million gun owners of Florida. We are not beholden to any national organization's agenda that may compromise that mission.
Florida Carry works tirelessly toward repealing and striking down ill-conceived gun control laws that have been proven to provide safe havens to criminals and be deadly to law abiding citizens.