COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo –-(Ammoland.com)- An all-star cast that reads like a ‘who’s who’ in the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joins together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation, Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 6 p.m. at the new Colorado Springs Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
The event will kick off the store’s grand opening celebration, which will continue through Sunday, Nov. 24.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs Nov. 20 include:
- • Driver of the #3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Ty Dillon
- • President and CEO of Richard Childress Racing, Richard Childress
- • CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, star of “Duck Dynasty/Buck Commander” TV show, Willie Robertson
- • 8-time B.A.S.S. winner and 13-time Bassmaster Classic qualifier, Edwin Evers
- • 2011 Bassmaster Elite Series Rookie of the Year and All Star champion, Ott DeFoe
- • RedHead Pro Hunting team member, John Paul Morris
- • Top Shot season 4 winner, Chris Cheng
- • 2009 PBR World Champion, Kody Lostroh
- • The Black Widow, America’s billiards star, Jeanette Lee
Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” will serve as emcee for the event.
Musical entertainment for the evening will be provided by the bluegrass band WMD. In addition, the United States Air Force Academy will be represented at the event with appearances from their cheerleaders and mascot. Members of the ROTC will do a color guard presentation.
Located at 13012 Bass Pro Drive in Colorado Springs, the 120,000-square-foot store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, Nov. 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s “More Fish” campaign to conserve fish and their habitats for future generations.
Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, National Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, Trout Unlimited and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. They will have booths and displays set up to create awareness about their ongoing efforts and local projects. In addition, the National Wild Turkey Federation will be selling Coca-Cola products for $1 and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation will be offering hot dogs for $1.
Special displays throughout the event include:
- • Bass Pro Shops #14 Sprint Cup Series car and the Bass Pro Shops #3 Camping World Truck Series™ truck Nov. 20-24
- • The Coca-Cola Pit Crew Challenge only Nov. 20
- • King of Bucks mobile exhibit Nov. 20-24
- • The Sage Redington Rio products casting area Nov. 20-24
- • Toyota interactive exhibit Nov. 23-24 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 63rd store’s grand opening Thursday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Nov. 24. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- • Thursday, Nov. 21 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- • Friday, Nov. 22 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops commemorative, limited edition fishing lure.
- • Saturday, Nov. 23 – First 200 customers will receive a commemorative Colorado Springs Bass Pro Shops’ bag
- • Sunday, Nov. 24 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops’ commemorative limited edition fishing lure.
Visitors can also register to win a $50, $100 or a $200 gift card to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered on a regular basis throughout the year and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 81 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays two and a half hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles. The company also has been named by J.D. Powers & Associates as one of the top eight retailers in America for customer service excellence.
For more information about the Colorado Springs Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, visit http://www.basspro.com/
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 81 retail stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 116 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops’ stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group (http://www.trackermarine.com)