DoubleTap Defense New Training Grip for Added Comfort During Range Time

Visit DoubleTap at SHOT Show, booth 421, to see the new DoubleTap Training Grip and Feel the Difference!

DoubleTap Defense Training Grip
DoubleTap Defense Training Grip

DoubleTap DefenseST. LOUIS, MO (Ammoland.com) – DoubleTap Defense, a firearms design and manufacturing company, announce a new comfortable, slip-on grip for the DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol. The new Training Grip provides users with a more positive and comfortable range exercise experience while training with their DoubleTap™ pistols.

The DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol was never developed to be a sporting handgun. The extremely lightweight, concealable pistol harnesses large caliber stopping power to stop a deadly encounter. The DoubleTap™ is a last-ditch gun and life saver, not a plinker. DoubleTap Defense also recognizes that every gun owner should train with their self-defense handgun prior to conceal carry. Therefore, to make the training of your DoubleTap™ more comfortable, a Training Grip has been created for the customers’ comfort.

The new slip-on, oversized rubber grip, made from Santropene, features a padded backstrap, the same Frag pattern and a two-finger groove on the front side. The non-slip surface allows for greater control and safety, even in wet environments. The padding absorbs shock and reduces muscle fatigue.

The Training Grip is not ideal for conceal carry in a pocket as the rubber may not release easily from a pant pocket in times of emergency. The Training Grip has an MSRP of $25.00 and will be available by early in 2014 on the DoubleTap Defense online store.

About DoubleTap Defense:

Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, DoubleTap Defense is a firearms design and manufacturing company intent on delivering new paradigms in firearms engineering and production. The DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol is the brainchild of founder Ray Kohout, a firearms industry professional. www.doubletapdefense.com

Paul Dowell
Paul Dowell
1 year ago

I need help in finding two double tap rubberized grips. Please help direct me to a source or let me know when available. Thank you. Paul Dowell

jim
jim

First time I shot mine in 45 acp both barrels went off with one pull of the trigger. Broke every blood vessel in the thumb web area. Sent it back for fix. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Have to admit I shot Hornady critical defense before reading the caution from doubletap about that ammo.

REdney
REdney
1 year ago
Reply to  jim

Just had this happen to me. Fired 6 rounds of 230 grain fmj with no problem. Loaded with 2 rounds of Hornady critical defense and thought my thumb was ripped off. After looking found that both rounds had fired with one trigger pull.

Mark ostwalt
Mark ostwalt

I fired I round (45) hurt like hell! When I went to reload the round I shot I noticed an indent in the other shell where it looks like a firing pin barely hit it???? How is this possible, if both rounds go off at same time I swear it would break your hand. I like the gun just because it is small, and packs a 45!

Matt
Matt

Hello. I just purchased my new grip on Amazon.

vince flow
vince flow

i have two of the double tap ,45,,,and 9mm where can i buy the training grips ,,all i see when i google it it just tells about them ,, can someone wake up and send us info that we ask for ,,or don`t you care about the people that support you .. i`m waiting for an answer please ,,thank you ,

Tim Sadler
Tim Sadler

Where Can I Buy The DoubleTap Training Grip?

Mike Griffith
Mike Griffith

How can I purchase the Double Tap Training Grip and if possible, what is the price?

smok n joe
smok n joe

someone said he fire the dble tap and both rounds went off at the same time. how does that happen?

Randy Brown
Randy Brown

Where can I buy the rubber grip for double tap. Thanks

Rodentman
Rodentman

It is specifically marketed as a «last-ditch gun and life saver, not a plinker.» It fills that niche. I carry one for that reason, not as a range gun or to impress anyone with magazine capacity.

Gregory Smith

I agree, when I bought my Beretta Nano and discovered the magazine only carried 11 rounds, I was disappointed. The Nano is fun to shoot, but my Smith & Wesson 9MM pistol features 17 rounds. The more the merrier I say. I can’t imagine having a two shot gun. What if I miss?

Phil
Phil

I’ve been seeing these DoubleTap defense weapons showing up on firearm resale sites.

Some may like them, others might not.

As for me, I just can’t see the purpose of only having two shots, unless its a last minute back-up weapon.