The country’s leading outdoor television awards ceremony was held during the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s annual Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) and Conference in Las Vegas.
The Golden Moose Awards were hosted by Michael Waddell of Outdoor Channel’s “Realtree Road Trips” and “Bone Collector.” The ceremony included unforgettable performances by Ted Nugent, Aaron Lewis, Craig Morgan and Colton James. Nearly two thousand outdoor industry leaders, TV personalities and lucky fans attended the highly-anticipated awards show, including Texas Governor Rick Perry.
Special guests for the evening included retired U.S. Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell and Theresa Vail, a Sergeant in the Kansas Army National Guard. Luttrell is the co-author of New York Times bestseller “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10” (Little, Brown and Company) and a technical advisor for the recently released film “Lone Survivor,” an adaptation of the Petty Officer’s Operation Red Wing account. And, in addition to her active duty status, Vail is a 2013 Miss Kansas winner, a 2014 Miss America top 10 finalist and an avid bowhunter.
The two were among the many presenters, along with Joe Mantegna of “MidwayUSA’s Gun Stories”; Willie Robertson of “Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour”; Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Jon Lester; former NBA player Jared Jeffries of “Modern Fishing with Jared Jeffries”; NASCAR racing crew chief Greg Zipadelli of “Greg Zipadelli's Drop Zone”; and RAM Truck’s Brian Szalk.
Twenty-one Golden Moose Awards were presented throughout the evening, including the Top Five Fan Favorite accolades, to celebrate Outdoor Channel’s most popular programs and recognize the network’s producers and on-air talent for their unrivaled work in 2013. Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President and CEO of the National Rifle Association (NRA), awarded an Honorary Lifetime Achievement Award to MidwayUSA founder Larry Potterfield for his outstanding efforts and activism in the outdoor community.
The Golden Moose Awards went to the following winners…
- Honorary Lifetime Achievement Award | Winner: Larry Potterfield
- Best Overall Production | Winner: Jim Shockey’s The Professionals
- Best Deer | Winner: Bow Madness
- Best Big Game Hunting | Winner: Jim Shockey’s The Professionals
- Best Bird Hunting | Winners: Crush with Lee & Tiffany
- Best Turkey Hunting | Winner: Bone Collector
- Best Fishing | Winner: Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show
- Best Shooting | Winner: Shooting USA’s Impossible Shots
- Best Conservation / Educational / Instructional | Winner: MidwayUSA’s Gun Stories
- Best Comedy | Winner: Wildgame Nation
- Best Show Open | Winner: Ram Outdoorsman
- Best Sound Design | Winner: Jim Shockey's The Professionals
- Best Videography / Camera Work | Winner: Jim Shockey's The Professionals
- Best Graphic Design and Animation | Winner: The Bass Pros
- Best Commercial | Winner: Cabela’s
- Best General Interest Show | Winner: Hornady’s Dark and Dangerous
- Fan Favorite Best Overall | Winner: Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild
- Fan Favorite Best New Series | Winner: Chris Brackett’s Arrow Affliction
- Fan Favorite Best Hunting Series | Winner: Crush with Lee & Tiffany
- Fan Favorite Best Fishing Series | Winner: The Bassmaster Elite Series
- Fan Favorite Best Host | Winner: Adam LaRoche, Ryan Langerhans, Tombo Martin, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and Willie Robertson of Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour
Didn’t make it to the Golden Moose Awards? No problem. Outdoor Channel will stream the event on OutdoorChannel.com, allowing audiences from around the country and around the world to tune-in this month to catch the awards ceremony.