CT State Police Spokesman Says – They Would Participate In Door To Door Gun Confiscations

CT State Police Spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance
CT State Police Spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance says state police will go door to door confiscating guns if they are ordered.
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

Manasquan, NJ –-(Ammoland.com)- The State of Connecticut says that all citizens must register rifles and high capacity magazines, or be charged will a felony. As many as 350,000 people could face heavily armed police smashing down their doors and be charged with a felony.

The legislature of Connecticut says that a registration is needed so they can know where the guns are. Yet at the same time, they are sending threatening letters to gun owners. So they already have records of who has purchased certain guns. The fact is, that the Connecticut legislature fully intends to confiscate hundreds of thousands of firearms anyway. The registration process will simply make it easier to confiscate, because you acknowledge that you still own a firearm that the state already suspects that you own.

In a recorded phone call Connecticut State Police Spokesman Lt. Vance was reached at at (860) 685-8290 and says that state police would comply with an order from the state to conduct door to door gun confiscations.

Experts claim that as many as 350,000 people are in violation of the law, and over 100,000 of those people could face felony charges. That means over 3.6% of the entire adult population of Connecticut has been transformed into a felon by the new registration law. Roughly one in twenty Connecticut homes could have their doors smashed in by heavily armed law enforcement seeking to confiscate firearms.

Ed
Ed

The law states that taking you gun out of state is one of the solutions. So they are going to kick down doors not know whether that gun is there or not? Boy I can see the lawsuits flying now. BTW I do not advocate registering or getting rid of guns, but if someone did take the gun out of state are you supposed to inform the government of that action?

Larry A. Singleton
Larry A. Singleton

“That’s what we have attorney’s for” Here’s an excerpt from a letter I wrote “Public Records” that can be found in my Facebook Notes. I used to be big on freedom of information issues related to Public Documents. What Lt. Vance is basically telling her is to go screw herself: “My County Supervisor is Barbara Riordon. Ray Millian, the aide that was assigned to talk with, me has not responded to my repeated requests that this issue, (cost of copies), be addressed. All San Bernardino County Supervisors have also recieved complaints about county fees from me. When I inquired about… Read more »

Larry A. Singleton
Larry A. Singleton

Thugs Any “peace officer” who tries to enforce this should be treated as the Nazi collaborator that he is. When they start knocking on doors in the dark of night all bets should be off. They are not the law; they are the enemy. They are no longer cops. They have crossed the line. It’s as simple as that. I’ve been going to city and county meetings for years. I’ve seen how cops are just tickled pink to act as goons for corrupt officials and go after citizens who exhibit any signs of free speech. In relation to an unrelated… Read more »

sam freedom
sam freedom

Can anyone tell me, sarcasm aside, what problem gun registration allegedly solves or, at least, mitigates? In other words, how many crimes involving guns in the state of Connecticut have gone unsolved that would’ve theoretically been solved were the gun(s) involved register.

This strikes me as one of those knee jerk reactions that Siva good abs reasonable to the frightened, unthinking types but when you look at theactual statistics of the problem the law is allegedly intended to solve, it doesn’t add up.

Anyone?

Charlie
Charlie

If they already have the records and who has what and serial numbers; why do they need registration? For taxation and confiscation only.

Bruce Wood
Bruce Wood

If the State of Connecticut is going to make you a felon, unable to purchase a gun legally though not unconstitutionally, it is time to preserve your ability to defend yourself, your family, your state, country, and the Constitution. You won’t be able to equip yourself toward those ends if you sit quietly as you are stripped of your rightly owned arms. It appears it is too late to legislatively defeat or judicially put asunder this onerous law. The ground you stand on is now the last ground you may be able to stand on. Once you are a felon,… Read more »

Danny Goshop
Danny Goshop

My eyes water up as I read so many law abiding gun owners comments of how they have had enough of these lies from the left. “Registration does not mean confiscation” they’ve told us all these years…well now they seem to be showing their true colors, they want to confiscate the legal guns of law abiding citizens. What was legal and fine with the CT Gov’t one day, is illegal and wrong the next, all with the swipe of a pen. Overnight, hundreds of thousands of CT citizens went from law abiding to felons. I cry Bull Sh*t! I fear… Read more »

JimmyJones
JimmyJones

None of you are going to do a damn thing other than register your guns…..period.

Thatguy
Thatguy

I predict police getting shot and killed by some people, if the police do that. Maybe that’s what needs to happen, I’m sure it would send the government a message not f with the people who pay you.

MontieR
MontieR

All I have heard for 30 year is they don’t want to take away your guns, It’s just some common sense laws, It’s for the children. One big thirty year line of bull excrement. You are disgusting LIARS and are hell bent on forcing a civil war that you WILL ultimately LOOSE. ENOUGH lies. Start removing ANY politician who does not grasp AND understand why the constitution was written.

DrSique
DrSique

Lemme see if I have this right. Connecticut and New York passed these stupid, and in my opinion unconstitutional, laws to stem gun violence and now intend to send armed men to people’s homes to do violence upon them. Must be liberal logic. I wonder what the odds makers, in Vegas, are posting on state troopers vs. a couple hundred thousand armed citizens.

freewill2

hopefully those 350k gun owners unite. the gestapo cops could meet their doomsday. send the message we are peaceful until you come to break the peace!

Laurie Raines
Laurie Raines

NOW you know one of the many reasons WHY responsible gun owners in Michigan are fighting to STOP the dangerous Senate Bill 789 (our state police are under the command of an open gun control advocate!)! The NRA-ILA admits on their own website that the MSP are Gun-Control, NOT citizen 2nd Amendment-friendly! Will YOU be responsible for endangering the lives of Michigan gun owners & our rights too? I pray you will reconsider and openly join us to strongly oppose Michigan’s misguided Senate Bill 789 of 2014 that turns our gun rights over to the same kind of mindset you… Read more »

Ernest Boggs Sr

This is a very sad day in America. I never thought i’d live long enough to see “Storm-Troopers” coming to knock down our ( We the People )’s doors to try to take our guns. The guns that the state has deemed illegal, without being registered, are NOT illegal per the Constitution, therefore the state has already infringed on the 2nd Amendment just by passing that law. I can assure you that there will be blood spilled on the front steps of the citizens of the United States when they try to carry this out. The mentality of the gov’t.… Read more »

jerry davenport
jerry davenport

yeah and doing that you dumbass how many officers are going to die. if some one kicks my door in shoot first ask questions later that’s the dumbest thing besides Obama I have ever heard

David: San Antonio
David: San Antonio

…and “they” think the Ukraine looks bad…

John S
John S

This will end ugly. Sorry to say, but if troopers knock on or knock down doors to confiscate guns that the state deems as illegal but are protected by the SUPREME law of the land, the Constitution, I will side with the gun owner. And I am a supporter of our police agencies…..as long as they support the Constitution. They want to make honest, law abiding citizens into felons. Now, call me crazy, but the 2nd Amendment and our Constitution trumps any state law. Or at least it used to. Many of these gun owners will not go down easily,… Read more »

Guy S
Guy S

If these pig headed law-breakers ahem, I mean law enforcers want to enforce an illegal law, there’s going to be bullets flying, and justly so! This is how the 1st Revolution got started.

coasties
coasties

Maybe if enough of these thugs with badges and guns get a bullet in their bodies while kicking people’s doors in will they take a hint.

Ajeocci
Ajeocci

I sent the following e-mail to the CT State Police Captain: Sir, I find it interesting that you have stated you will comply with an order from the CT legislature to attempt door to door gun confiscation, and arrests of those considered in violation of the registration law. So, correct me if I’m wrong, but you intend to violate your oath to defend and protect the Constitution for the United States of America, but honor an order from a group of bureaucrats who also violate their oath. Are you nuts? Have you read any of the hundreds of reports that… Read more »

james
james

There can be a market for private out of state ranges that will hold your ‘banned’ firearms for you until the ‘bad gun’ laws are obsoleted with new legislation.

james
james

POTUS Obama told the truth, he won’t take our guns…..what he did not say is somebody else will; Local LEO, Sheriff, Trooper, etc.

They will come door to door with their SWAT uniforms, AR rifles, lasers, flash bangs, gas,
with their shiny new armored transports all paid for by HomeLand Insecurity grants.

Oh and don’t forget the ultimate behemoth command and control center on wheels, tricked out RV by Winnebago.

Remember the news clips during the lock down for the Boston Marathon Bombers?

Fanatically moderate.
Fanatically moderate.

I wonder if the state police are taking into account how many people from outside the state of Connecticut will be willing to help Connecticut residents maintain their second amendment rights? A good strategy is don’t wait until the fight ends up on your doorstep. I’m merely talking about activism not armed resistance of course

askeptic
askeptic

I suppose CT now has a “Waco” in its future.

mr. near
mr. near

I’m reminded that during the million biker ride on Washington that the people who wanted to watch via web cams saw…. nothing but ordinary traffic.

bacon/pig
bacon/pig

Sheriff, elected or appointedis NOT the last line of defense
! Your in a Commonwealth State, Sheriff’s have county jurisdiction
And your Constables have State Jurisdictions.
Executive powers on the state…
Your veterans, your sons, brothers, and even the WWII vet
That can’t walk butim sure he can still shoot straightish!
Last line of defense my ass! The federal government knows better!

chris rakes
chris rakes

that is my main question, did these LE, not take an oath to uphold the constitution?

if any of you LEOs are watching this page. know that you will be in the wrong. just like any of the Nazi’s that claimed, they were just following orders

Buck
Buck

So much said for any loyalty at all to the United States constitution , t6hese are ineed fascist gestapo with absolutely no regard for rights of the people that are paid to serve , just like their communist leaders in the State capital . I have seen no sign of anyone in New England with any courage since the revolutionary war , when ALL heroes were killed off and only the genetic cowards survived by hiding from the British .

keithj
keithj

County sheriffs are our last line of defense against federal/state tyranny. They are our only ELECTED officials, not beholden to the whims of a corrupt beauocracy.

Chris Avena

Can they Step on the constitution any more? this is the first step before we lose everything that makes Our Country Great!

James T
James T

This state is so f-ed it’s unbelievable ,so happy I’m leaving CT in july for colorado ,I just can’t take the insanity anymore

GeorgeB
GeorgeB

I wonder, does this mean we need to stock up on far more effective fire power? Is the 50 cal BMG too light?

Will CT drive all gun purchases underground? With CNC, do we really need buy them from Arms makers?

Robert Fowler

“As many as 350,000 people could face heavily armed police smashing down their doors and be charged with a felony.”

Not really. I have a feeling they will run out of cops before they run out of jail cells.

Leo Smith
Leo Smith

I will stand against any group that claims door to door confiscation is legal. These actions go against our Constitutional Rights and can NOT be allowed to occur.

John
John

What makes you think “a lot of people in government” will be in hot water? They’ve already committed to “transforming America”.
From their perspective a violent uprising is justification for “suspension of all rights” via Martial Law.

Jim
Jim

The police whether in Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Red China (where they carry out direct killings) or in the U.S. (in many bad examples) will enforce whatever the law says they are to enforce. Technically and unfortunately that police culture (made up of their psychological make up in most cases) makes them the first support line of the enemies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights who are in political office and put forth these laws. No police officer has been drafted into that job–they all volunteer, they have their choices.

sdiver
sdiver

This could go bad very quick

Dan
Dan

Well this guy just basically declared war on the people who he is suppose to protect. What a moron, you are going to pin a bunch of police officers with very little actual combat experience against 100,000 armed citizens prepared to die, not a good look for CT. Two things happen here 1. the officers in charge of confiscating the guns refuse to do so, forcing law makers to amend the law or 2. They move forward with this and a lot of people die, militias form and the NG eventually steps in and a lot of people in government… Read more »

John
John

They must have been promised “hazardous duty pay”?

Jamie
Jamie

I don’t envy them their job.

Dick
Dick

Where will they imprison all these “felons” after they are convicted? When will they have time to schedule all these trials? What about juries, will there be jury trials? If there are any gun or gun related companies left in Conn., please accept my invitation to move to the South. We appreciate you here.

Jimmy the Greek
Jimmy the Greek

Oldgringo If you think the county sheriffs are going to save you , you are in for a rude awakening ! they well be right there with the state police kicking down your door , they don’t want to lose there privileged place on the pecking order ,siding with the peasants .

phu que 2
phu que 2

It’s funny (well, no it’s not) that the demoncraps have said over and over that “registration doesn’t mean confiscation.” And this gem. “We are not going to confiscate anybody’s guns.” And yet, here we are. The law enforcement officials need to be put in their place. THEY ARE THE SERVANTS AND WE ARE THEIR MASTERS!! If this sh(t progresses any further, I’m afraid there will be bloodshed. And most of the blame will be placed at the feet of this a**hole!

Darren
Darren

Sturmführer Vance got one thing right. When Ashley said “We’re the masters, OK?”, Vance replied “No, I’m the master”. He’s right. As long as they can force us to pay them through the theft known as taxation we are their slaves & they are our masters. Those who think that we need some taxes, have you wised up yet? Stop being a willing slave.

scott
scott

I am writing this in the gun rights state of kansas!!!their is a new bil being introduced now that gives the citizens of kansas the right too have a concelled weapon in their cars without a concelled permit!! Kansas is the way too go people!! The Kansas state reps. voted over, please dont quote me on this but,voted 270- 30 or so too defend the constitution!!! given that im ready too fire my gun now!!! Connecticute!!:STAND FIRM!!! STAND UR GROUND, BE PROUD!!!! TAKE NO SH*T!!!!

Jay Devereaux

This kind of action is EXACTLY what the 2nd Amendment was put in place for. They can take mine when my body assumes room temperature.

Carl Stevenson

Remember: Evil exists because good men don’t kill the government officials committing it. Thought For The Day: Timing Is Everything If you start shooting the bad guys early enough to make a difference, you’ll be labeled a radical crazy person. If you wait until it’s acceptable, you’ll be 80 pounds underweight, unarmed, and being loaded into a boxcar. Then there’s the fact that more Americans have been killed by the police than in the wars in the Middle East during the same time interval … And the rate of police killing citizens is increasing rapidly as police forces become more… Read more »

oldgringo
oldgringo

The CommieCRats are taking over this country…State Troopers are now becoming the henchmen of a tyrannical government and they do not see the harm they are doing by submitting themselves to this disgrace…The state police and or other police agencies other than the country sheriffs are prone to thumb their noses at our US Constitution and the second amendment rights of its citizens…It’s a sad state of affairs for freedom loving people in America when jack booted thugs rule the day!

Jack
Jack

Perhaps this could be the start of it then. I hope any Sheriff would standup to the state police. I also hope the people there will form together and plan out their response. In addition, the state police should plan on the loss of life, even some of their own.

sage419
sage419

The state police spokesman says… but he doesn’t have to do it. Are the guys in the field ready to forego their oath to defend the constitution? Are they ready to be held accountable for that action by the citizens of CT? Do the math…