Newtown, CT -(Ammoland.com)- The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for the firearms industry, has a NSSF Retailer Education Seminar scheduled from noon to 5 p.m. at the Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel, 1 Monarch Place, in Springfield, Massachusetts, on August 19.
NSSF encourages all firearms retailers in the region to register to attend this five-hour seminar designed to help FFL holders stay in compliance and protect their livelihood.
Seminars will cover:
- Regulatory Requirements
- How to Recognize and Deter Straw Purchases
- Error Proofing Your 4473
- Acquisition and Disposition Book Ins and Outs
- Security of Inventory
- NICS Services to FFLs
- Understanding the NICS Process
- When You Are Inspected — The ATF Inspection Process
- Sales at Gun Shows
- NICS Background Check on Non-U.S. Citizens
- A Q&A session will follow.
All attendees will receive an NSSF Retailer Education Kit that includes a number of compliance tools and materials, including a 4473 Overlay, articles on how to pass an inspection with flying colors and a Don’t Lie for the Other Guy straw purchase prevention kit.
These seminars are free to NSSF members and $100 per person for non-members.
NSSF has several Retailer Education Seminars planned for the remainder of this year and encourages all FFLs in these regions to attend:
- July 22: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Aug. 12: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Aug. 19: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Sept. 9: Denver, Colorado
- Sept. 16: Portland, Oregon
Register at NSSF Retailers Seminars.
About The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF)
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 10,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers.