Product Line Manager II position is open for applications
Portland, OR -(Ammoland.com)- Benchmade has an immediate opening for a Product Line Manager II who will plan, control, and manage all aspects related to the creation and maintenance of the assigned product programs related to the following products:
– U.S. Manufactured
– Special Projects
This candidate will manage the planning, development and launch of new products produced domestically and overseas. The PLM II is responsible for analyzing product, consumer and competitive trends around various markets and channels.
For the assigned programs, manage the planning, forecasting, pricing and product creation process to ensure maximum profit and growth. The PLM II will utilize market knowledge to provide clear product direction to the Design and Engineering teams and outside vendors.
He/she will travel to shows and conduct market visits, as agreed to by the Director of Product Line Management, in order to develop and gain a solid understanding of the market and brand position, as well as develop relationships with customers and reps.
- Functions as a member of the product management team and plays a role in strategic business decisions affecting how the brands in the portfolio interact with each other.
- For the assigned product programs, assist in formulating policies and objectives for the brand’s marketing and sales activities.
- In conjunction with sales department, supports sales planning for select product programs, which includes an analysis of competitive products and selling techniques, consumer research, objectives, pricing and distribution.
- For select programs, in coordination with Product Development, complete “Product Definition” document, including: Target Customer, Competitors, Key Differentiators, Risks, Cost & Profitability (NPV) targets.
- Consults the customer service department to ensure that current and potential customers receive the best service possible.
- Develops relationships with dealers, distributors and sales reps.
- In conjunction with sales department, determines pricing policies for select programs including discount structure, freight policy, and promotional allowances.
- Supports Marketing team as needed in planning advertising and public relations activities, in cooperation with product programs.
- Assist as necessary with all communications so they represent the product strategy and adhere to key brand drivers and consumer motivations.
- Develops budgets and monitors performance against budget objectives.
- Works closely with other members of management in identification and development of products, services, markets, and/or systems improvements.
- Develop and then monitor key measurements for the assigned product lines to ensure alignment and product portfolio success.
Core Product Line Management
- Assist with copy and technical specifications for catalog and ad production for assigned programs.
- Closely work with Forecasting in the product lifecycle and SKU rationalization/optimization based on past performance and market needs.
- Attend trade shows and market visits, as needed, to gather feedback from dealers and customers as well as looking for new trends.
- Provide training for sales staff and rep groups on assigned programs so they can effectively sell the brand’s offerings and answer questions they may receive from dealers and end-users.
- Respond to certain customer queries via phone, email or on line discussion groups.
- Provide support to product services department regarding product changes, issues or questions.
New Product Introduction
- Manage new product introductions for assigned programs from initial concept development through market launch.
- Manage new product introduction for assigned programs with sales department and marketing services for sales force introduction, ad production, and press releases.
- Provide support to the sales department regarding technical information on new products.
- Collaborate with Marketing Services to make sure that sales literature, catalog updates, new packaging, and support literature is created and ready for the introduction.
- A 4-year degree in Business and/or Marketing or related field with 3 years of Product Management experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 years work experience in Marketing and/or Product Management. Comparable work experience may also be considered.
- Strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successful budgeting/planning/forecasting.
- A proven track record in sourcing product from outside the US.
- Licensing/working with third-party brands.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, and computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Familiarity with Project Management software and applications a plus.
- Familiarity and comfort working in and around outdoor category a plus.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group including conducting business in foreign countries.
- Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources.
- Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within a work group.
- Ability to lead initiatives and project teams.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
- Ability to work with Engineers and understand engineering related problems and concerns.
Benchmade offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented, and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, fill out an application today by visiting our website Bench Made, click on Company then Employment, and complete our application process on line. Please include resume and cover letter.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Benchmade Knife Company is a world leader in the design, manufacture and sales of hand-held specialty folding and fixed blade cutlery for the outdoor sports, military, law enforcement, and gift markets. Benchmade is committed to innovation, performance, and the highest standards of quality. Every day; around the globe, sportsmen and professionals alike rely on Benchmade products to get the job done. Benchmade’s state of the art facility and headquarters is located in Oregon City, 30 minutes from downtown Portland, Oregon.