Missoula, MT –-(Ammoland.com)- A Missoulian story about aspirant for the Democrat nomination for U.S. Senate (to replace withdrawn Walsh), Amanda Curtis of Butte, has her portraying herself as a supporter of the Second Amendment.
The article says, “Curtis said she’s a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the Constitution and that she and her husband own firearms.”
That’s not what her record says, not by a long shot.
Montana Shooting Sports Association tracked 24 gun-related votes cast by Curtis in the Montana House last session. Curtis voted anti-gun on 23 of 24 opportunities. For that, she scored a miserable 2.6%. A 59% score would have earned her an “F” on gun issues. She is well below F-, if there is such a thing.
- NO on a bill to encourage manufacturers to move to Montana and create new jobs if those manufacturers make firearms (HR5).
- NO on two bills to protect hunters’ hearing by allowing sound reduction for hunting (HB205 & HB27).
- NO on a bill to prohibit the university system from suspending the Montana Constitution (HB240).
- NO on a bill to allow investigators working for public defenders to carry firearms for self defense (SB133).
- NO on a bill to exempt from criminal “disorderly conduct” charges a hunter who fires a shot at a deer or elk (even the Governor disagreed with her on this bill) (HB446).
- NO on a bill to allow people located inside city limits the same ability for self defense as those outside city limits (HB304).
- NO on a bill to allow a person eating at a restaurant that serves beer to provide for his or her self defense (HB358).
- NO to medical privacy for gun owners (even the Governor disagreed with her on this bill) (HB459).
- NO to preventing newspapers from publishing the private information about people who have been issued a concealed weapon permit by the local sheriff (the Governor disagreed with her on this bill too) (SB145).
Curtis is virulently anti-gun. Her claim to support the right to keep and bear arms sounds like the beginning of another Walsh thesis.Gary Marbut, President
Montana Shooting Sports Association
Author, Gun Laws of Montana
About Montana Shooting Sports Association:MSSA is the primary political advocate for Montana gun owners. Visit: www.mtssa.org
Amanda Curtis and BAMF are giving away another beautiful rifle in their second Rabble Rouser Riffle Raffle.
Win a Browning BLR lever action 7mm mag with 24′ barrel, this is a beautiful hunting rifle.
ONLY 200 tickets ($20 a ticket) will be sold and all proceeds go to local Butte charities.
Call KBMF 102.5 for tickets 406-782-bamf.
Isn’t it amazing what that Butte bunch sends to the legislature? Still voting like they just got off the boat
Look at their past voting records on guns all the way back. Any votes against guns in the past is your sign. These people don’t change. They are only “for you 2nd amendment rights” at election time. Just as “Obummer” was in his first election. Whatever gets the votes and then they turn on us.
TEX, You need glasses…..
This woman is really kinda nice looking. Its too bad her thinking is so screwed up ! Liberalism is a mental disorder !
We can sit at our desks all day long and bitch about her and call her names etc the point is most of us live in different states. The real question is what are HER state constituents going to do about her re-election. Bet ya a dollar they re-elect her. Statistically incumbents get re-elected 2 to 1 over new comers unless they have done so much egregious “stuff” that they are hated. Hell we voted Obama in TWICE and looking at his current statistics and popularity scores if he could run again he would win again. We are the stupidest… Read more »
@AF,It would be a hell of alot easier just to ban all liberals ! Yep,that’s what we’re gonna do !
She wouldn’t be in politics if she was kept ‘barefoot and pregnant’.
any gun owner , make that “legal ” gun owner who votes for a Dem. is nuts
ban all guns
That is one pissed off angry looking female
A citizen has a choice
Freedom or Slavery?
Why would you want to vote yourself into slavery by electing an anti-Constitutional nut-cake who will say anything to get elected?
Freedom or Slavery?
She’s a flake, a schemer and a liar…Just like Harry Reid…At one time the NRA considered him to be a defender of our second amendment rights …We were fooled into believing that when push comes to shove Harry would be on our side…Wrong!
The same story for Illinois state Senator Dan Kotowski(D). When he first ran for office he said he supported the 2nd Ammendment. After he was elected it came to light he was a gun control advocate. He is supposed to be on the state finance committee and has yet to propose or sponsor any meaningfull financial reform bills. Yet he has the time to propose and “lobby” for more gun control laws and bow down and kiss the feet of the Illinois speaker of the house. Maybe your Ammoland Illinois connections can do a story about this democrat hypocrit.
Another fake right,turn left liberal ! Say anything to get elected is these parasites motto !