Salt Lake City, UT -(Ammoland.com)- During this Thanksgiving holiday season, the Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) is giving thanks for the many blessings that MDF, mule deer and our great western landscapes have enjoyed this year.
As hunting season is winding down across mule deer country, this holiday provides the opportunity to reflect on what we all are thankful for. While there are so many things to be thankful for, MDF listed their top five reasons that they are giving thanks this season.
5. Conservation programs:
- Mule deer, black-tailed deer and hundreds of other species depend on local, state and federal conservation programs that maintain their habitat. From stewardship contracting opportunities on federal lands (reauthorized in 2014 under the Farm Bill), to the Sage Grouse Initiative that funds range management programs, to the many water tank installations and habitat restoration projects led by MDF chapters, conservation efforts are essential to the future of mule deer and black-tails.
4. Wide open spaces:
- Mule deer and black-tailed deer need big spaces and good habitat – and these landscapes are the backdrop for all of our memorable hunts. Without quality winter range and migration corridors, these deer simply cannot thrive and MDF is working hard to make sure there will always be quality mule deer habitat.
3. Our Sponsors and Donors:
- Simply put, MDF could not be successful without the thousands of individuals and businesses that support our programs year in and year out. From small mom and pop businesses that donate to their local chapter banquets to some of the biggest names in the outdoor industry, we are so thankful to those who donate products and funds to help MDF accomplish its mission.
2. Our volunteers:
- MDF depends on the thousands of volunteer hours that our members give to help us be successful. Our volunteers are the life blood of the organization and lead the way on coordinating chapter banquets and work days as well as M.U.L.E.Y. events to make sure that the next generation appreciates our conservation legacy and has the opportunity and knowledge to hunt. Our volunteers are our most important resource and we are so thankful for all that they do.
1. Muleys and Black-tails!:
- These are our reason for being. These icons of the western range are so precious to our organization and the thousands of hunters who venture out each hunting season. We are thankful that there are mule deer and black-tailed deer and we promise to work hard to ensure that we always have these majestic animals on our landscapes and their meat in our freezers.
“Every day our organization recognizes the hard work that our volunteers give to mule deer and black-tailed deer,” said Miles Moretti, president and CEO of the Mule Deer Foundation. “We are truly thankful for their tireless dedication to conserve our great western landscapes and this species that we all love.”
About The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF)
The Mule Deer Foundation is the only conservation group in North America dedicated to restoring, improving and protecting mule deer and black-tailed deer and their habitat, with a focus on science and program efficiency. MDF is a strong voice for hunters in access, wildlife management and conservation policy issues. MDF acknowledges regulated hunting as a viable management component and is committed to recruitment and retention of youth into the shooting sports and conservation. Get involved at www.muledeer.org or call 1-888-375-3337.