Documentary “MURPH: The Protector,” Back-to back episodes of “Beyond the Battlefield” and “NRANEWS Cam & Co.” highlight network programming during the day
New Berlin, Wis. –(Ammoland.com)- As a part of Sportsman Channel’s “Salute to Service” initiative, the network will air a full day of programming dedicated to veterans and the armed forces on Tuesday, November 11 at Noon-8 p.m. ET. Salute to Service Veterans Day Tribute Sponsored by Bravo Company is highlighted by a special airing of the critically-acclaimed documentary MURPH: The Protector, back-to-back episodes of Beyond the Battlefield and one hour of NRA NEWS Cam & Co.
Actor/Humanitarian Gary Sinise, once again, will serve as the network spokesman for “Salute to Service,” which includes Sportsman Channel’s Salute to Service Veterans Day Tribute Sponsored by Bravo Company. The event will honor the nation’s service heroes with programming that merges veterans’ love of the outdoors with powerful and inspiring stories from their time in the military. Veterans and active military personnel will be featured in each episode throughout the event, along with exhilarating hunting adventures.
Sportsman Channel will air the acclaimed MURPH: The Protector, a feature-length documentary based on the life of Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Lt. Michael Murphy. Family, friends and teammates remember his love of country, honor and selflessness in a riveting and emotional film. Lt. Murphy’s ability to go above and beyond the call of duty resulted in America’s highest military honor bestowed upon him – the Congressional Medal of Honor.
In a four-part Beyond the Battlefield special, Team Trophy Quest and Wounded Warrior Project team up to provide the hunt of a lifetime to a wounded veteran, Eric Edmundson. His lifelong dream of becoming a professional hunter comes true on a three-month journey across the United States in search of wild game. No experience is off-limits, and Edmundson is prepared to do what it takes to have a shot at everything from axis deer and bison, to sheep and antelope.
NRA NEWS Cam & Co. will air a special one-hour program featuring host Cam Edwards, interviews with newsmakers, Sportsman Channel personalities and veterans in a thought-provoking Veterans Day special including notable guests: Lt. Col. Oliver North, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha and others.
Additionally, the day will include interviews with service members and “soldier salutes” – courtesy of the Department of Defense – from active military serving throughout the world. Sportsman Channel host and former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin also will send a special message to the nation’s military personnel.
“Sportsman Channel is very proud on this day to have such special programming, along with personalities who care very deeply about our servicemen and women,” said Marc Fein, executive vice president of programming and production for Sportsman Channel. “It’s a way for the network to continually shed light on those who serve and thank them for their service and dedication.”
Sportsman Channel’s Salute to Service Veterans Day Tribute airs on November 11 at Noon-8 p.m. ET.
Program details follow:
- Noon – Pigman: The Series: Brian “Pigman” Quaca hosts Will Jimeno, his friend, New Jersey police officer and 9/11 hero, along with Dustin “Shed” Whitacre as they pursue wild hogs in Central Texas.
- 12:30 p.m. – Adrenaline Junkies: Marine Sniper Greg Windisch showcases his quest to hunt down a buck he named “Lobster” upon returning home from his tour in Iraq.
- 1 p.m. – Petersen’s Hunting Adventures: Marine and Army combat veterans join Craig Boddington, host, and Ron Johnson, from Brite-Strike, on a mule deer and elk hunt honoring wounded warriors.
- 1:30 p.m. – Off-Grid Hunter: Tim Burnett and Marc Balistreri, hosts, head to San Francisco to visit military veterans Charles Whitwam and Mike Lamb for tactical shooting.
- 2 p.m. – Guns & Ammo: Sergeant Major Kyle Lamb (retired) and Colonel Craig Boddington (retired) test out the 1858 Starr Revolver – a Civil War classic and one of the first double action revolvers.
- 2:30 p.m. – Travelin’ Hunter: Host Tony Smotherman is on the hunt for Ohio turkey, and he has the opportunity to spend time with American heroes.
- 3-5 p.m. – Beyond the Battlefield: In a four-part special, Team Trophy Quest and Wounded Warrior Project team up to make wounded veteran Eric Edmundson’s dream of becoming a professional hunter come true. Follow along on his three-month excursion across the United States in pursuit of wild game.
- 5 p.m. – NRA NEWS Cam & Co: Host Cam Edwards sits down with newsmakers, Sportsman Channel personalities and veterans in a special live one-hour Veterans Day program that will include special guests Lt. Col. Oliver North and Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Clint Romesha.
- 6-8 p.m. MURPH: The Protector: Family and friends tell the story of Navy SEAL Lt. Michael Murphy, a man who gave his life during Operation Enduring Freedom and eventually was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Sportsman Channel’s Salute to Service Veterans Day Tribute presented by Bravo Company is part of Sportsman Channel’s Salute to Service initiative that also includes Memorial Day and July 4th. Salute to Service is an ongoing multimedia effort to celebrate American servicemen and women, as well as first responders, and raise awareness of issues and opportunities facing all the men and women who serve this great country. Murphy’s story epitomizes the heroism, sacrifice and courage that all men and women serving the United States of America endure around the world.
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.
About Sportsman Channel: Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. The leader in outdoor television, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that embraces outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and reveals it through unique, surprising and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. The network also is dedicated to promoting our nation’s military heroes and veterans, as well as providing a voice for conservation throughout the United States. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at www.thesportsmanchannel.com; Facebook, (facebook.com/sportsmanchannel); Twitter (twitter.com/SPORTSMANchnl and twitter.com/SportsmanPR) and YouTube (youtube.com/TheSportsmanChannel).