The public-welcome event, set in downtown Dallas at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Omni Hotel Dallas, also is one of America’s premier fundraisers for conservation. Over the past five years, it has generated more than $4.5 million for wildlife programs, public education and hunter advocacy worldwide.
In the Dallas region, it trails only the HP Byron Nelson Golf Championship in raising funds for worthy causes, according to the Dallas Business Journal.
“Last year we hosted a record 43,000 people. Together, we raised more than $1 million for wildlife, plus another $350,000 specifically for black rhino populations in Namibia,” said DSC Executive Director Ben Carter. “We’re thinking even bigger for 2015 because all attendance predictors, including advance sales of registrations and room blocks, are up from last year.”
The expo (daily admission $20 per person, with multi-day and family discount packages available) offers 2015’s first opportunity to shop for hunts with top outfitters from around the globe. Displays also include world-class sporting gear, firearms, art, collectibles, entertainment, seminars, auctions and more. Together, attractions cover the space of nearly nine football fields.
For registered attendees, additional events, galas, awards and fundraisers are available. See details at www.biggame.org.
- Returning from its inaugural year in conjunction with the DSC convention and expo, Weatherby Foundation International will present its prestigious Weatherby Award.
- Presentations of the esteemed Conklin Award, Capstick Award and others.
- Exhibits from top conservation organizations, outfitter associations and Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Daily seminars by authorities in hunting, conservation, wildlife management and more.
- American Custom Gunmakers Guild exhibits, demonstrations and member events.
- Special attractions in a section of the show called “Wingshooter’s World” with Quail Coalition.
- Unique taxidermy exhibits throughout the expo hall.
- Public-welcome, volunteer-driven, family-friendly atmosphere-all for a great cause.
Sponsors include Sports Afield, Shikar Safaris, Trijicon, EuroOptic, Boyt Harness Co., Yamaha Motor Corp. USA, Hornady, The Hunting Consortium, Bass Pro Shops, Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, The Wildlife Gallery, Capital Farm Credit, Rungwa Game Safaris, Blaser USA, Legendary Consortium, Sovereign Bank, Global Rescue, David R. Oakes CIMA, Ruger, Capt. Peacock Yachts and Expeditions, and many others.
About Dallas Safari Club (DSC)
Desert bighorns on an unbroken landscape, stalking Cape buffalo in heavy brush, students discovering conservation. DSC works to guarantee a future for all these and much more. An independent nonprofit organization since 1982, DSC has become an international leader in conserving wildlife and wilderness lands, educating youth and the general public, and promoting and protecting the rights and interests of hunters worldwide. Get involved at www.biggame.org.