West Virginia’s muzzleloader deer season runs Dec. 8-13, 2014.
South Charleston, WV -(Ammoland.com)- West Virginia hunters are reminded that the deer muzzleloader season will run from Dec. 8 through Dec. 13, according to Curtis Taylor, Chief of the Wildlife Resources Section of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources.
Subsequently, resident and nonresident hunters who are interested in purchasing an additional deer muzzleloader stamp (RM and RRM) have until Dec. 7, the day prior to the season opening date, to make that purchase. Only one RM stamp (resident additional muzzleloader hunting) or one RRM (nonresident additional muzzleloader hunting) can be purchased.
Hunters are reminded of the following muzzleloader deer hunting regulations relating to the Class RM and RRM license:
- Class RM or RRM stamps may be used to take one antlered deer in all counties having a muzzleloader season. Logan, McDowell, Mingo and Wyoming counties do not have a deer muzzleloader season.
- If you are hunting in a county with a closed antlerless deer season or in a county that you had to apply for an antlerless season permit, then you are allowed to harvest only antlered deer on the RM or RRM stamp.
- If you are hunting in a county with an antlerless season bag limit of one or three and were not required to apply for an antlerless permit for that county then you are allowed to harvest one deer of either sex on the RM or RRM stamp.
- Bows and crossbows cannot be substituted for a muzzleloader firearm. Concurrent archery hunting is legal during the muzzleloader season subject to all archery deer hunting regulations.
- All hunters afield during this week are required to wear blaze orange.
For complete information, hunters should read the 2014-2015 West Virginia Hunting and Trapping Regulations Summary or visit the DNR Website at www.wvdnr.gov.
About the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (WVDNR)
It is the statutory mission of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (WVDNR) to provide and administer a long-range comprehensive program for the exploration, conservation, development, protection, enjoyment and use of the natural resources of the State of West Virginia.