Chicago, IL -(Ammoland.com)- The Outdoor Sports Group (OSG) is proud to present The Chicago Outdoor Sports Show January 21-25, 2015 at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, continuing 36 years of sports shows at Rosemont, Illinois.
This year’s show will extend the tradition of great outdoor sports shows gracing the shores of Lake Michigan and providing the greater Chicagoland area a break from cabin fever. A complete list of vendors, seminars, and attractions are posted daily at www.chicagosportshow.com.
In addition, The Chicago Outdoor Sports Show will be co-locating with 3nd Annual Chicagoland Gun Show & Outdoor Expo, being held January 23-25, 2015. This year’s event is sponsored by the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA), National Riffle Association and Safer USA.
The Outdoor Sports Show will cater to the sporting consumer and will feature dozens of fishing and hunting seminars, several new family-friendly attractions and hundreds of quality vendors and exhibitors preferred by the outdoor enthusiast. Attendees will have an opportunity to shop for amazing deals on RV’s, boats, fishing tackle, archery, outfitters, wildlife art, hunting supplies, charters, canoes, kayaks, gun safes, knives, taxidermy and much more. Attendees also are able to enter to win great door prizes such as a special opening day giveaway of a custom rod and lure package from Grandt Rods and Mike Jackson Outdoors. Plus much more!
- 3 D Archery Range and Tournament, Archers across The Greater Chicagoland area are encouraged to bring their bows for one of the areas best indoor 3D tournaments. The 3D course is designed for hunters and target shooters alike. The tournament is open to both modern bow hunters and traditional archers. There is a fee to enter and cash prizes will be awarded to the winners.
- Bow Fishing Range, The Bowfishing Association of IL will be onsite to share their excitement and expertise for one of the most ancient forms of hunting that has been used to gather food since prehistory.
- Food Drive, in partnership with Illinois Conservation Foundation Bring in 4 or more cans of food on Wed, and admission to the show is $6.00. Bring 4 or more cans on Thursday – Sunday and admission to the show is $10.00
For program details and terms go to chicagosportshow.com/ticket-specials.php.
- Expert Musky Panel Featuring – Spence Petros (National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Famer), Bob Mehsikomer, (9-Time World Record Holder), Ranger Rick Krueger, Captain Matt “Catfish” Firestein and moderator Jim Crowley from Hook & Hunt TV will provide a Musky Panel discussion including an interactive Q&A session with the attendees.
- Rosemont Boat & RV Pavilion will showcase the latest Boats and RV’s. The pavilion will feature these top boat brands to name a few: BRP/Evinrude Johnson, Encore Bentley, Mercury Marine, MirroCraft, PartiKraft, PolarKraft, PrinceCraft. Avalon, Lund, Centurion, Crownline and Crest. RVs by Forest River, Palomino RV, Keystone Montana RV, Solaire, Radiance, Coachmen, plus much more.
- Big E TV Pavilion will feature the finest in Hunting and Outdoors TV, Host Patrick and Co-host Brandon Eger will be onsite discussing their latest outfitter adventures.
- Ducks Unlimited will be joining us as a featured sponsor and will be hosting Conservation Day on Saturday, January 24, 2015 with kid’s activities and free seminars.
- Fire & Ice Expo Pavilion is the one stop shop for creating the ultimate mancave, camp site or backyard barbeque. The pavilion will showcase products that outdoor enthusiasts use after they go hunting, fishing or complete an outdoor excursion. Industry experts will also share their mancave designs, camping survival tactics and wild game recipes.
- American Fly Fishing School Casting Pond led by Captain Mike Corblies, a world class teacher and videographer of the sport who is currently the Director of the American Fly Fishing School.
- The Historical Fishing Display specializes in the preserving and sharing old fishing equipment through displays, sports shows, fishing clubs, museums, historical societies, kids fishing derbies, and bass pro shops. More people see more old fishing items through us by far than any other location. This exhibit traces the evolution of fishing in America from the earliest fishing items dating to the Copper Culture 8,000 years ago, early native american items, the first fishing lures brought from Europe, the earliest manufactured fishing items made in America continuing through the numerous manufacturers exhibits and humorous displays of items made through the 1970s. Bring your old fishing lures and other tackle to us for a free identification, valuation and cash.
- The Hawg Trough 5000 gallon mobile bass aquarium will host dozens of fishing demonstration by top professionals at the show.
Illinois Department of Natural Resources will be onsite for those wishing to buy or renew their fishing and/or hunting licenses.
- Chicagoland All Wheel Show Championship Competitors Exhibit, BGV Motorsports is partnering with the Chicago Outdoor Sports Show to bring you the Chicagoland All Wheel Show Championship Competitors Exhibit, Friday, January 23 through Sunday, January 25 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont! Come on out and support your fellow automotive enthusiasts at this one-of-a-kind display, and enjoy all of the other outdoor fun and amenities the show has to offer! A portion of the ticket sales will benefit our Championship Show Charity – St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! We are in the process of contacting all of the 2014 competitors who attended the Championship Show with more details about displaying their vehicles at the event. Stay tuned for more updated!
Professional Bass Anglers:
- Mike Iaconelli, One of the most successful and dynamic pros in the business. Mike has won the Bassmaster’s Classic and the Angler of the Year. He is pure energy on the water and gives exciting and informative seminars that should not be missed.
- Jonathon VanDam, JVD as many know him – calls Kalamazoo Michigan home. He is the second youngest angler to ever win a Bassmaster Elite Series title with his July 1, 2012 victory at the Green Bay Challenge in only his second season on the Elite tour!
- Jacob Wheeler, caught the attention of the fishing community in 2011 when he was the youngest angler to win the BFL All-American. In that same year he also claimed an impressive 12th place finish in his first Forrest Wood Cup. It wasn’t until 2012 that Wheeler truly smashed into the record books at Georgia’s Lake Lanier. Wheeler won in a wire-to-wire victory here, making history and becoming the youngest angler to win the Forrest Wood Cup.
- Ott Defoe, Fans know Ott DeFoe as a competitor on the Bassmaster Elite Series. Ott finished 5th in the 2010 Bassmaster Southern Opens. He became the first Tennessean in the Elite Series when he accepted the invitation to fish against the top 100 Bassmaster anglers in November 2010. Ott won the 2011 Bassmaster Rookie of the Year award, finished 4th in the points and then ended the season by winning the Toyota Trucks All Star Week.
- John Crews, knows a thing or two about designing and fishing with shallow crankbaits. This class is worth a look. John crews is renowned for being an excellent shallow water crankbait angler. In this Bass University TV class, he shares his secrets for effectively finding and catching shallow bass. Some very in-depth information that’s pertinent to every angler!
- Pete Gluszek, has been competing on the highest professional levels for more than ten years qualifying for both the Bassmaster Classic and the FLW Outdoors Championship. He currently has the record for the heaviest winning margin in the history of the FLW Stren Series finishing almost 18 pounds in front of 2nd place.
Fishing Speakers – Local & Regional Speakers:
- Captain Mike Corblies, is a world class teacher and videographer of the sport he has lived for over 50 years. As the International Director of American Fly Fishing Schools he heads an organization of some of the best casting instructors, fly fishing guides and member lodges throughout North America and the Caribbean. Learn more about him at americanflyfshingschools.com.
- Jim Crowley, host of Hook and Hunt TV.com, which is one of the fastest growing internet outdoor shows and in 2012 that brand, expanded to Hook and Hunt Radio.
- Captain Matt “Catfish” Firestein, owns and operates “Whopper Stopper Muskie Charters and Guide Service” on LK. ST. Clair. He has fished and been successful from east of Montreal to Winnipeg. He has had Many tournament wins. He specializes in casting, jigging and trolling for big fish on LK. St. Clair. 20 years of addictive fishing behavior gives him a unique outlook on tactics that will help any angler in the pursuit of giant fish in LSC or his local lakes.
- Eric Haataja, owner of Big Fish Guide Service, operates one of the best and most respected Wisconsin fishing guides and Wisconsin fishing Charters in the Midwest. Offering numerous types of fishing trips with an emphasis on catching “Big Fish” in Wisconsin, Eric is a full-time Wisconsin Fishing Guide and Great Lakes charter captain. He guides every month of the year on the waters of Wisconsin.
- Ranger Rick Krueger, owner of Guides Choice Pro Shop, Eagle River, Wisconsin. Professional Walleye and Musky Fisherman and guide since 1980. Lead Educator for Guides Choice Fishing Schools since 1986. Historically the only musky guide to catch 3 LEGAL musky simultaneously. Past field editor for Wisconsin Woods N’ Waters Magazine and Wisconsin Sportsman Magazine. One of the original field editors for Musky Hunter Magazine.
- Patrick K Harrison, has been Fishing for 45+ years, guiding, a fishing educator and seminar speaker for 8 years, USCG. Captain for 2 years, and a board member on various clubs. He is pro staff for: Evinrude, Bass Minder, Never Snag and others.
- Bob Mehsikomer, Simply Fishing Extreme Television is a 30-minute series hosted by Bob. On the 19th of August 2010 history was made when Bob Mehsikomer became the first angler in the world to achieve the Cast-To, Catch and Release of 100 Muskies over the 50” benchmark, all on artificial and ALL released. That is the reason many in the muskie world claim him to be the best of the best. Although if you ask him, he will tell you he is simply a committed angler chasing the most elusive apex predator in North America’s fresh waters.
- Mike Mladenik, who recognized as one of the top smallmouth experts, author and fulltime guide in Wisconsin.
- Spencer Petros, Spence Petros is one of North America's most versatile and well-respected anglers. Author, fishing educator, tournament angler, tackle designer and veteran of over 125 television shows, including three years on ESPN's national show “the Outdoor Writers”. In 1989 Petros was inducted into the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame, and is listed among the “Living Legends of American Sportfishing”, a book authored by Larry Colombo profiling 100 of the top people in the sportfishing industry.
Hunting Speakers – Local & Regional Speakers:
- Patrick Eger, is the host and producer of Big E TV. He came from the Farm fields of central Wisconsin and after high school he entered the U.S. Army as a Military Police officer as a combat and non-combat MP. Patrick served honorably and has received 3 honorable discharges as each time this country called on his special skills in our times of need he answered the call.
- Brandon Eger, The co-host of Big E TV began working with his father in 1999 at a very young age in their part time video series “Pure Adrenaline Outdoors”. By starting so young he became one of the most talented outdoor videographers in the business and a true asset to the show, able to guide and film quality video at the same time. Brandon also served in the U.S. Army reserves as an Engineer and returned to work with his father as soon as he was released.
- Billy Katsigiannis, Billy Kats is the host and owner of GVK11Outdoors.com a hunting and fishing blog which contains videos, reports, how to’s, reviews etc. Billy has been hunting and fishing all over the world since the age of 3. As a result, Billy has created GVK11 Outdoors Consulting- a hunting property management company.
- Mark “Uncle Millie” Millis, was born and raised in Lansing, Michigan. His father owned a welding shop right next door and on the other side of the house, his Aunt and Uncle owned the most popular gun shop in Mid-Michigan. Hence, his future was pre-determined. He's also is a 3rd generation journeyman ironworker and owns an ornamental iron workshop. He holds the title of Master Iron Artist endorsed by Michigan State University and in 2002, was named Ornamental Iron Artist of the year. Fortunately, Mark's passion doesn't end with the ratchet set. His love of the outdoors, including hunting and fishing, actually trumps his mechanical attributes. From farm pond panfish to Great Lake's salmon, from cottontail rabbits to wily whitetails, Mark is in pursuit of all game species. Mark has used his combined knowledge previously as a co-host of Wolf Creek Productions' “Deer City, USA” seen Thursdays on Outdoor Channel. Currently Mark is filming hunts that will be aired on unclemillie.com next season!
For full bios go to meet the experts: chicagosportshow.com/meet-the-experts.php.
Fun for the Whole Family:
- Dan Armitage will be onsite during the weekend show days teaching kids how to fish and about understanding outdoors safety. Dan will be doing two fan favorite demonstration on the Hawg Trough, Kids 411 and Ice Fishing 411.
- Chauncey’s Great Outdoors World, will be a fun spot for kids of all ages to come to, visit and learn. You can learn about camping, nature and even play outdoor games all at Chauncey’s Great Outdoor. Even the older kids can get their questions answered about fishing , hunting , camping or napping in the hammock.
- Kids Zone, a special area has been designated for kids of all ages. This area will include a learning center for the next generation of outdoor sports enthusiast and interactive attractions such as Chicago Toy Company, Boys Scouts of America Kids casting area and much more…
- Boy Scouts of America, Life ranked Boy Scout Joshua Jakes will be conducting his Eagle Project to benefit WRLR-FM 98.3 radio and the Next Generation of Sportsmen & Women. At Joshua’s Eagle Project youth and adults will find out more about community radio broadcasting, participate in a casting challenge, color an outdoor image, and learn more about being a Boy Scout. You will also learn important safety tips for all in the Great Outdoors.
- Kids Archery Range, a 10-20 yard course will be set up adjacent to the 3D archery range for Kids to shoot a bow at various 3D target to learn the latest techniques in bow shooting.
- Trout Pond, a catch and release pond is always a favorite for the kids and the parents who see their kids catch a fish for the first time at a sports show. Pure Fishing will be sponsoring the Trout Pond and 60 kids each day will receive a pack of swim baits courtesy of PURE FISHING.
For information on what attractions are paid and those that are free to attendees go to: chicagosportshow.com/special-attractions.php.
Featured Sports Show & Gun Show Vendors:
Lake County Watersports
- Lake County Watersports carries BRP/Evinrude Johnson, Encore Bentley, Mercury Marine, MirroCraft, PartiKraft, PolarKraft and PrinceCraft.
- I94 RV offers new RVs and used RVs by Forest River, Palomino RV, Keystone Montana RV, Solaire, Radiance, Coachmen, plus much more
Fox Lake Harbor
- Fox Lake Harbor carries Avalon, Lund, Centurion, Mercury, Crownline and Crest.
- Salmon Unlimited is a not-for-profit organization representing sport fishing interests in southern Lake Michigan and its tributaries. Founded in 1971, Salmon Unlimited has been instrumental in helping to establish and maintain the world-class salmon and trout fishery that we enjoy today. Our vision is to achieve the betterment of conditions for those individuals engaged in sport fishing on Lake Michigan by fostering and promoting the general welfare of the lake and the fishery therein.
- Pure Fishing, Inc. is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, All Star, Berkley, Fenwick, Gulp!, Mitchell, Penn, Pflueger, Sebile, SevenStrand, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, Trilene and Ugly Stik.
- Grandt Rods will feature its World Class Display of Award Winning fishing rods for 32 years all made in the USA. Grandt Rods will be releasing the New High Technology Cuda Series line of fishing rods at the show. This is the only release in Illinois and all rods will be sold at huge discounted pricing. Grandt Rods will pay your parking when you purchase a rod and reel combo from Grandt at the show. For a full line of featured rods go to www.grandtrods.com
D. Mills Studio & Design
- D. Mills Studio & Design will be featuring one of a kind home furnishings interior and exterior accent components. The exhibit will showcase custom wood gun cases, bars, benches, tables and much more
- In 1993 after 25 years of service, Mike Cooper retired from the Illinois State Police and started Victory Arms. WWI and WWII era Military rifles were the first weapons sold by Victory Arms. As the years progressed the demand for modern firearms increased so the business branched out into this new market. Victory Arms is a small, family owned business with a Federal Firearms License in the State of Illinois and Maine. Upon the completion of their new website Victory Arms decided to move everything to their Illinois location to keep cost down. Their goal is to sell quality products at reasonable prices while striving to assist and satisfy our customers in every way possible. Since their overhead is low they are able to offer high quality firearms at lower prices. www.victoryarms.net
LCR Tactical Solutions
- Experience something different. LCR Tactical Solutions offers the most powerful home firearm training solution. At LCR Tactical Solutions they build and maintain firearms skills with the safest, most versatile and cost effective dry fire training system. Surefire is a dry fire training system that emits a laser pulse simulating a bullet impact point. This interactive drive fire training system will be at the Chicagoland Gun show for attendees to participate in an interactive experience. For full details go to: www.lcrtacticalsolutions.com
U.S. Concealed Carry Association
- The U.S. Concealed Carry Association is first and largest, member-owned association designed to educate, train, equip & insure you, the responsibly armed American. The U.S. Concealed Carry Association is the ultimate resource for armed citizens. We publish Concealed Carry Magazine, and a free weekly newsletter, the Concealed Carry Report. Our memberships provide self-defense insurance coverage, a subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine, and many more benefits! For more information: www.USCCA.com
- SAFER USA is a family oriented organization. We are also committed to bringing non-traditional shooters into the shooting sports: women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and youth are encouraged to participate. We particularly encourage anyone to take our courses who would like to become a volunteer instructor. We have ample opportunity to assist in teaching NRA basic courses, youth programs, women’s programming and other specialized programs. For more information: www.saferusa.com
- The National Rifle Association is America's longest-standing civil rights organization. They are proud defenders of history's patriots and diligent protectors of the Second Amendment
Chicagoland Gun Show – Purchase of Firearms:
- In addition to the USCCA, the 2015 Chicagoland Gun Show is sponsored by Safer USA, OnTarget Media Group, and the NRA. Attendees may purchase firearms on-site (transaction only) from the exhibiting companies. Exchange of purchased firearms will take place off-site at a Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer (FLL). For up to date information on the purchase and transfer of firearms please consult with the IL State Police (http://www.isp.state.il.us/). Attendees will be able to stock up on supplies, attend seminars, and network with fellow sportsmen and women.
- Wednesday January 21 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Thursday January 22 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday January 23 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday January 24 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Sunday January 25 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tickets & Ticket Specials:
- Buy tickets online and in advance to save! Go to www.ChicagoSportshow.com or www.ChicagolandGunShow.com to purchase tickets. One ticket gets you access to both shows. Online ticket purchases include a 1 year subscription to one of the following magazines (Field & Steam, Outdoor Life, or Popular Science) – Best Value!
ICF Food Drive Wednesday:
Bring in 4 or more cans of food on Wed, and admission to the show is $6.00 otherwise pay the general admission full price ticket. Our Partner will be donating all the food to a local charity of the Illinois Conservation Foundation.
- Online or At the Door Wednesday Only $ 6.00
- Online (include 1 year subscription) $10.00
- At the Door (does not include subscription) $12.00
ICF Food Drive Thursday – Sunday:
To gain entrance to the show bring in 4 or more cans of food and receive a $2 discount of a general admission ticket or pay full price.
- Children 11 and under are free. We have ticket specials for seniors, service members, scouts & students. For ticket special information go to http://chicagosportshow.com/ticket-specials.php.
2015 Show Schedule:
- Garden State Outdoor Sports Show, January 8-11, 2015
- Fire & Ice Expo NJ, Jan. 8-11, 2015 / Fire & Ice Expo Chicago, Jan. 21-25, 2015
- Chicago Outdoor Sports Show, January 21-25, 2015
- Chicagoland Gun Show & Outdoor Expo, January 23-25, 2015
About Outdoor Sports Group
Outdoor Sports Group (OSG), a Met Event Group is the producer of the finest outdoor sports show on the East Coast and in the Midwest dedicated to the consumer sports enthusiast. The Outdoor Sports Group team is dedicated to producing the finest outdoor sports shows with quality exhibitors, seminars and attractions that speak to sportsmen and women of all ages with a focus on activities that the whole family will enjoy.
For more information on OSG and upcoming events, please visit www.osgshows.com.