Hauppauge, NY -(Ammoland.com)- Meopta, the industry’s leading designer and manufacturer of premium sports optics, adds two new riflescopes to its newest generation MeoStar R2 riflescopes series – the 1.7-10×42 RD and 2-12×50 RD.
These premium 30mm MeoStar R2 riflescopes, designed for the most demanding hunters, feature a 6x variable magnification range, wide field of view and exceptional light transmission. MeoLux, Meopta’s most advanced lens coating, combined with Schott glass and expert design, enables 99.8% light transmission per lens surface allowing hunters using MeoStar R2 riflescopes to see better and hunt longer.
Available in two illuminated reticle options – 4C-RD or 4K-RD – these new MeoStar R2 scopes allow for extremely fast and accurate target acquisition. All MeoStar R2 riflescopes are parallax free to 100 yards and have Meopta’s MeoDrop hydrophobic lens coating which repels rain, snow, skin oils and dirt.
The compact, versatile MeoStar R2 1.7-10×42 RD is designed and engineered to meet the needs of a wide array of hunters across the globe. It is an ideal scope for most close-range shots in dense cover and also for mid-range shots in more open terrain. Whether stalking, sitting in a tree stand or climbing with the scope atop a mountain rifle, the MeoStar R2 1.7-10×42 RD delivers the highest performance.
The MeoStar R2 2-12×50 RD is an all-purpose, premium scope designed to give hunters an edge in lower light. The larger 50mm objective provides increased light transmission allowing hunters to see more clearly in the earliest and latest hours of the day.
“We’re extremely pleased to expand our MeoStar R2 series,” said Reinhard Seipp, general manager and chief operating officer of Meopta USA. “This line is designed to deliver the highest performance, helping hunters see better and make accurate shots in the most challenging light. We have had incredibly positive feedback on the MeoStar R2 1-6×24 RD which was introduced in late 2013, and these new MeoStar R2 scopes will meet the needs of even more hunters who want the highest optical quality at good price points.”
The new RD8 illumination system in the R2 riflescopes has eight levels of reticle intensity so the brightness level of the red dot can be adjusted to accommodate the ever-changing light and weather conditions in the field – from the brightest sunshine and snow to the dimmest light.
Improved windage and elevation turrets are quickly resettable to zero and easy to grip, even with gloves on. Focal adjustment is also quick and easy thanks to Meopta’s MeoQuick fast-focus eyepiece, and the external lens surfaces are protected from scratches and abrasion by the robust MeoShield coating.
Like all Meopta riflescopes, the MeoStar R2 riflescope is machined from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and built to withstand extreme conditions. The scope features an anodized exterior for scratch resistance and is waterproof, shockproof and fogproof for maximum performance and durability.
Two reticle options are available – 4C and 4K.
- MeoStar R2 1.7-10×42 RD Reticle 4C $1,666.35
- MeoStar R2 1.7-10×42 RD Reticle 4K $1,666.35
- MeoStar R2 2-12×50 RD Reticle 4C $1,723.85
- MeoStar R2 2-12×50 RD Reticle 4K $1,723.85
Special Features at a Glance:
- MeoLux: Innovative, new proprietary lens coating that delivers class-leading 99.8% light transmission per glass surface.
- MeoDrop: A proprietary hydrophobic lens coating designed to repel water, grease, skin oils and lens surface contaminates that can impair clarity. This microscopic hydrophobic layer – applied to all external lens surfaces – repels water so that rain and moisture forms a tight ball and simply rolls off the lens surface. MeoDrop coated lenses are easily wiped clean with no smudging or smearing, stay clean longer and maintain the highest level of visual clarity.
- RD illumination system: Brand-new, advanced RD8 illumination system, featuring eight-levels of reticle brightness. Offering the versatility for shooting over snow covered fields in the pre-dawn hours or while in a stand at last light.
- MeoClick: Precise, tactile disc turrets allow for quick and easy reticle adjustments at the range or in the field.
- MeoQuick: Fast-focus eyepiece rapidly brings targets into sharp focus and provides extra diopter travel to accommodate a wider range of visual acuity variations.
- MeoShield: Special coating which protects lens surface from abrasions and scratches.
The Meopta Group is a U.S. family-owned, multinational company with facilities in the United States and Europe. Founded in 1933 in Czechoslovakia (now the Czech Republic), Meopta is a leading manufacturing partner to many of the world’s finest optical brands. In their Czech facility, Meopta conceives, develops and manufactures precision optical and electro/optical systems for semiconductor, medical, aerospace and military industries as well as for consumer markets. In their New York plant, precision optical products are manufactured and assembled to exacting standards in clean-room environments for the military, industrial and consumer markets.
For more information regarding Meopta, please visit www.meoptausa.com.