The country’s premier outdoor television awards ceremony was held during the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) annual Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) and Conference in Las Vegas. The GMA were once again emceed by Michael Waddell of Outdoor Channel’s “Realtree Road Trips with Michael Waddell” and “Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector.”
The ceremony included memorable performances by Ted Nugent, Nate Hosie and Kari & Billy. Nearly 2,000 outdoor industry leaders, TV personalities and lucky fans attended the highly-anticipated awards show.
Special presenters for the evening included: Gerald McRaney, star of “House of Cards” and Outdoor Channel’s “Ram Outdoorsman”; Sarah Palin, former Governor of Alaska and star of Sportsman Channel’s “Amazing America with Sarah Palin”; Theresa Vail, a 2013 Miss Kansas winner, avid bowhunter and host of the upcoming network series “Limitless with Theresa Vail”; country music star and host of “Craig Morgan All Access Outdoors,” Craig Morgan; huntress Eva Shockey of “Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures”; Mossy Oak founder and CEO Toxey Haas; and Realtree President and CEO Bill Jordan.
A total of seventeen Golden Moose Awards were presented throughout the evening in the first-ever live streamed iteration of the leading outdoor programming awards show. Among the seventeen is the Fan Favorite Award for Best Host/s, which was awarded to Nugent and chosen by more than 18,000 loyal viewers of the network. Outdoor Channel also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Harold Knight and David Hale, the unequivocal elder statesmen of the hunting world and stars of Outdoor Channel’s “Ultimate Hunting,” for their unparalleled contributions to the outdoor community. The self-described “country boys” turned a friendship and a love of hunting into a decades-long business phenomenon.
The Golden Moose Awards went to the following winners…
- Honorary Lifetime Achievement Award | Winner: Harold Knight and David Hale, “Ultimate Hunting”
- Fan Favorite Best Host | Winner: Ted Nugent, “Spirit of the Wild”
- Best Overall Production | Winner: “Drury’s THIRTEEN”
- Best Deer Hunting | Winner: “Crush with Lee and Tiffany”
- Best Big Game Hunting | Winner: “Driven with Pat and Nicole”
- Best Bird Hunting | Winners: “Crush with Lee & Tiffany”
- Best Shooting Sports | Winner: “The Best Defense”
- Best Fishing | Winner: “The Bassmasters”
- Best Conservation, Education & Instruction | Winner: “Bass Pro Shops King of Bucks”
- Best Comedy | Winner: “Craig Morgan All Access”
- Best General Interest Show | Winner: “The Gunfather”
- Best New Series | Winner: “Jim Shockey’s UNCHARTED”
- Best Series Open | Winner: “Driven with Pat and Nicole”
- Best Videography / Camera Work | Winner: “Raised Hunting”
- Best Sound Design | Winner: “MidwayUSA’s Gun Stories”
- Best Graphic Design / Animation | Winner: “Drury’s THIRTEEN”
- Best Commercial | Winner: 26 Nosler, “Flat Out, Lights Out”
The GMA’s were presented at the Venetian Theatre at The Venetian Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada on Thursday, January 22nd from 8-11 p.m.
About Outdoor Channel
Taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993, Outdoor Channel is America’s Leader In Outdoor TV. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, LLC and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is received by nearly 40 million U.S. households – the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country – and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visitwww.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and download our iPhone and iPad app. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors