ACCOKEEK, MD –-(Ammoland.com)- Benelli USA, an industry leading firearms company, located in Accokeek, MD is seeking a qualified Senior Purchasing Agent.
The Senior Purchasing Agent is responsible for accurate processing of purchase orders, efficient downloading of inbound freight, and supporting BATF Import Compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Enter purchase order request in the ERP system (JDE) and submit approved purchase order to the respective suppliers.
- Upon shipment notification complete invoice downloads to enable visibility to the company of expected product arrival – Notify appropriate personnel via email that invoice/shipment has been downloaded.
Coordinates with the Freight Forwarders regarding bank draft information to ensure timely clearance of shipments.
- Verify key information in the inventory item master (cost 8 & 59)
- Maintain essential log, (Freight Tracking, CBP updates, and ATF Form 6A filing)
- Assists in preparing month-end reports.
- Trouble-shoots problems with vender invoices and reports.
- Serve as backup to the Import Compliance & Purchasing Supervisor for FBI NICS checks, NFA paperwork, and ATF issues.
- Assists Import Compliance & Purchasing Supervisor in maintaining company compliance with
- ATF regulations.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft office.
- JDE Business Software experience
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with accurate record keeping habits
- Proficient in verbal and written English. Ability to communicate with individuals that use English as a second language.
- Understanding of US Harmonized Tax code
- Working knowledge of ATF Federal Firearms Regulations is a plus
- College education or 5 years experience required with competent computer knowledge.
Applicants applying for the Benelli USA senior purchasing agent position should include a cover letter and salary requirements; resumes without requirements listed will not be accepted. The position closes March 6, 2015. Benelli USA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minority, women and veterans to apply for the position. For more information on the senior purchasing agent position, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
No Walk-Ins Please
Close date: 3/6/2015
Benelli is a world leader in manufacturing quality shotguns and rifles that are known for their ultra-reliability and high-performance standards. For the latest news and product information visit www.benelliusa.com.