Moms Demand Action Loses Again: TX Gov. Abbott Says He Will Sign Open Carry Law

By AWR Hawkins

Shannon Watts
Shannon Watts
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

Washington DC – -(Ammoland.com)- Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) handed Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America another loss on February 17 2015 when he announced that he will indeed sign open carry into law, thereby “[making] Texas the 45th state to allow Open Carry.”

Abbott made these comments during his 2015 State of the State Address.

Breitbart Texas reports that it was toward the end of the address when Abbott said:

Let me briefly follow up on a word I mentioned a moment ago–liberty. In a single word, it encapsulates what the country stands for, what Texas symbolizes. I will expand liberty in Texas by singing a law that makes Texas the 45th state to allow Open Carry.

With one fell swoop, Abbott handed Moms Demand Action another loss to add to their recent losses against Kroger, Fred Meyer, and Harris Teeter. And because Abbott won the office of Governor of Texas during the 2014 mid-terms, his refusal to cower down to Moms Demand Action and reject Open Carry offers another reminder of the numerous losses Moms Demand Action suffered throughout the country on November 4 2015.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins.

fishunter
fishunter

A big ATTA BOY for Governor Abbott. I wonder how many of us in Colorado are thinking about moving to Texas, Arizona or a more gun friendly state. The Liberals have ruined Colorado as a free state. I suspect many of these people have moved from California or from back east, and now they want to bring their repressive values. The newly elected conservatives had better do something soon or I’ll be loading my truck. I realize that one old veteran moving out will have no effect, but I suspect that there are many more around.

Bob Shell
Bob Shell

On the right track but they need to do away with permits. Check out AZ A permit is a usless piece of paper that says momma may I? A permit is a loads of crap. So Texas how about doing away with permits & let people carry either way

james
james

Congratulations to the good citizens of Texas.

Now I can visit Texas in the next few years.

David Carson
David Carson

I have a suspicion that Bloomie’s demented mommies support civilian disarmament because of their own anger management problems

mikrat
mikrat

” thereby “[making] Texas the 45th state to allow Open Carry.”
ALLOW! – ALLOW! – ALLOW!

Does no one get it – its another permission slip.

And so far people are just worried/fixated on a still image and some bimbo’s eyes.

Nathaniel
Nathaniel
Reply to  mikrat

Agreed. Being alive is the only permit I need.

ballistakbill
ballistakbill

Ahahahahhahahhahahhah. Sorry Shannon but I guess it’s time to take up a hobby you actually know something about. Like driving kids to soccer practice or maybe book club. That look you see on her face is what happens when your husband is revolted by you and you don’t get any for years on end. That’s why she’s such a b%tch

Dave from San Antonio
Dave from San Antonio

Ever look at Shannon Watts picture? There is absolutely no intelligent life behind those eyes…she has a vacant stare…like she is trying to remember what her oldest child’s name is…and just who the father really is. Pretty much the same with all ‘MDA’ members I would guess, but she and the others are such… “useful tools” or “useful fools” in the long run…that’s why Bloomberg likes them so much.
Way to go, Greg Abbott!

Timothy-Allen Albertson
Timothy-Allen Albertson

Shannon Watts has a drug problem. Look at er eyes. She needs to take a urine test.

Clifford white
Clifford white

Thank you governor Gregg Abbott. I use to live in texas, but I moved back to detroit,to get my cpl,chl, cause you can open carry. You don’t have to worry about conceal printing. I obtained my texas chl when I was living there. But now I may move back, knowing the governor is signing into law open carry for law abiding citizens.

TEX
TEX

Gov.Greg Abbott will make all Texans proud !