This is a great opportunity for sportsmen interested in the unique hunts and special equipment that will be sold at the events, but who are unable to be there in person. The WHCE is scheduled for February 19-22, 2015 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The auctions will be held on Friday February 20 at noon Mountain Time and 9:35 Mountain Time, and on Saturday February 21 at 9:30 Mountain Time.
“We are thrilled to have the online auctions set up for this year’s Western Hunting and Conservation Expo,” said Mule Deer Foundation CEO, Miles Moretti. “These auctions are so important to support the missions of our organizations and we hope that the online bidding will allow more people to get in on the fun and hopefully raise even more money for conservation.”
There are a total of 125 items up for bid throughout the three auctions. The top ten items that have been most popular at past events are:
- #10 – San Carlos Apache Tribe Commissioner's Rocky Mountain Big Horn Permit (Item 33 on Friday night)
- #9 – Jicarilla Tribe Mule Deer Auction Permit (Item 18 on Friday night)
- #8 – Alaska Governor's Koyukuk controlled-use Moose Permit (Item 32 on Friday night)
- #7 – Nevada Heritage Statewide Mule Deer Permit (Item 11 on Friday night)
- #6 – Utah Statewide Elk Permit (Item 18 on Saturday night)
- #5 – Utah Statewide Desert Bighorn Sheep Permit (Item 15 on Saturday night)
- #4 – New Mexico Enhancement Package (Item 4 on Saturday night)
- #3 – Utah Statewide Mule Deer Permit (Item 23 on Saturday night)
- #2 – Arizona State Special Mule Deer License (Item 12 on Saturday night)
- #1 – Antelope Island Mule Deer Permit (Item 27 on Friday night)
“We always have a great variety of tags, guided hunting trips and even a well-trained pack mule to auction at the WHCE,” commented Jon Larson, CEO of Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife. “We recognize that some people aren’t able to be in Salt Lake for the Expo but we have such a great variety of outstanding hunts that we want to make sure they have every opportunity to participate in these great auctions.”
The 2015 Western Hunting & Conservation Expo is shaping up to be the biggest event focused on big game hunting in the West. This year’s Expo is sponsored by Ammo & More and ACI, and is hosted by the Mule Deer Foundation and Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife. The WHCE is expected to draw over 30,000 attendees and the Expo Hall will showcase over 330 exhibitors. In addition, the Expo features the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre as keynote speaker on Friday February 20th and Corey Knowlton giving the keynote address on Saturday. Each banquet has musical entertainment with country music artist Jerrod Niemann playing on Friday night and Sawyer Brown performing on Saturday evening.
- For a complete list of the auction items during the Friday daytime auction, click here.
- For a complete list of the auction items during the Friday night auction, click here.
- For a complete list of the auction items during the Saturday night auction, click here.
Register for the Expo and find the full schedule of events and details of auctions, tags, seminars and more at www.huntexpo.com.
The Mule Deer Foundation is the only conservation group in North America dedicated to restoring, improving and protecting mule deer and black-tailed deer and their habitat, with a focus on science and program efficiency. MDF is a strong voice for hunters in access, wildlife management and conservation policy issues. MDF acknowledges regulated hunting as a viable management component and is committed to recruitment and retention of youth into the shooting sports and conservation.
Get involved at www.MuleDeer.org or call 1-888-375-3337.
Headquartered in North Salt Lake, Utah, Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife is a charitable, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The mission of SFW is to promote the protection and enhancement of wildlife habitat, assist in providing quality wildlife management programs, educating the public about the role hunters play in wildlife conservation, and perpetuating the family tradition of hunting and fishing.
Visit www.SFW.net or call 801-936-1386.