Events open to members, media, and public to learn more about Missouri’s conservation future
Columbia, MO -(Ammoland.com)- Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever supporters in Missouri will convene on Saturday, March 7 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbia for the organization’s 2015 State Habitat Convention.
The event will feature an address by Howard Vincent, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever President and CEO, a panel discussion with experts from Quail Forever and the Missouri Department of Conservation, and wild game cooking connoisseur Hank Shaw.
“Exploring innovative techniques for habitat management, providing wildlife resources for local landowners, and recharging our chapter volunteers are key goals for our meeting,” says John Wallace, Regional Field Rep. in Missouri for Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever. “We have a long list of presenting partners including other conservation groups and state agencies that will help us move the needle in a positive direction for Missouri wildlife.”
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever 2015 Missouri State Habitat Convention Highlights:
Registration for 2015 Missouri State Habitat Convention participants will start at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning within the Courtyard by Marriott convention center (3301 Lemone Industrial Boulevard, Columbia, MO 65201). The habitat meeting and concurrent breakout sessions will run throughout the day between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- How Missouri is Moving the Needle for Conservation – Elsa Gallagher, PF/QF Statewide Quail Coordinator
- Recommitting to Forever – Howard Vincent, PF/QF President & CEO
- Missouri NRCS Partner Update – State Office of NRCS
- Missouri Department of Conservation Partner Update – Bill White, MDC Division Chief
- Missouri PF/QF Statewide Update – John Wallace, Missouri PF/QF Regional Field Rep.
- The Hunt & Feast: Stressing the Food Aspect of Hunting – Hank Shaw, Wild Game Cooking Connoisseur
- Let Tomorrow’s Generation do it Now! – Cheryl Riley, PF/QF Vice President of Education and Outreach
- The Voice of Missouri Outdoors – Rehan Nana, Conservation Federation of Missouri Deputy Director
- Engaging Youth in the Field – Cheryl Riley, PF/QF Vice President of Education and Outreach
- Getting the Most Out of Your Game Birds – Hank Shaw, Wild Game Cooking Connoisseur
- Southwest Missouri Quail Project – Kyle Hedges, MDC Wildlife Management Biologist
- Prescribed Burn Association Round-table Discussion – Missouri Farm Bill Biologist Panel
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s 2015 Missouri State Habitat Convention is open to Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever members as well as the public. Find the full agenda and register online.
For more information about the 2015 Missouri State Habitat Convention or for a detailed schedule, please contact John Wallace at 937-459-8085 or email.
About Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever have more than 140,000 members and 700 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure.