Paso Robles, CA.- Weatherby® Inc, legendary firearms manufacturer, has an opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join its team in Paso Robles, California. The Design Engineer is responsible for a variety of duties in the development of new and existing firearms products, fixtures and equipment from concept to production. This includes R&D, design, testing, troubleshooting, improvements, procedure development and documentation.
Qualification requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience designing firearms and product development.
- CAD experience in two-dimensional drafting and three-dimensional solid design. Extensive experience with SolidWorks CAD software. A high level of proficiency is required.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including machining, metal finishing, heat treating, plastic & metal injection molding.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to industry trade shows and vendor factories to support production and product development.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in a manner that facilitates teamwork.
- Job requires relocation to Paso Robles, California.
Weatherby offers a competitive compensation package including healthcare and 401K plans.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter of introduction and up-to-date resume to Jalene John, [email protected].
Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the distinctive WBY-X™ products as well as the popular Vanguard® and legendary Mark V® rifles (production and custom), Threat Response® shotguns and rifles, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. For more information, go to www.weatherby.com. The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Weatherbyinc. Follow @weatherbyinc on Twitter.