Arizona -(Ammoland.com)- The Arizona Game and Fish Department has completed its 2015 hunt draw for elk and pronghorn antelope.
The results are available by visiting https://az.gov/azgfd/draw/home.xhtml and scrolling down to “View results and bonus points,” or viewing them on your portal account. You also can call the department at (602) 942-3000 and press “2.”
By the numbers:
- 25,932: The total number of permit-tags issued.
- 150,915: The total number of those who applied for hunts or bonus points.
- 111,588: The total number of applications submitted (paper application and online).
Permit-tags for successful applicants, along with refunds for those who were unsuccessful in the hunt draw, are expected to be mailed by April 17.
In the meantime, there are 126 leftover elk permit-tags that will be available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis as follows:
- By mail: Applications will be accepted by mail beginning at 8 a.m. on April 20 and must be addressed to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn: Draw/First Come, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Do not mail applications to a Post Office (PO) box.
- In person: If any leftover tags remain, they will also be available for purchase beginning at 8 a.m. on April 27 at any of the seven Arizona Game and Fish Department offices statewide.
Some of the leftover elk tags are for Hopi hunt open areas and are available to everyone, both tribal members and non-tribal members, through the first-come, first-served process.
A number of leftover elk tags remain for military hunts at Camp Navajo, for those who qualify. For more information, visithttps://dema.az.gov/, or call (928) 864-6239.