Billy Currington Pulls Out Of Tim McGraw’s Gun Control Concert Amid Fan Outrage

By AWR Hawkins

Billy Currington Pulls Out Of Tim McGraw’s Gun Control Concert Amid Fan Outrage
Billy Currington Pulls Out Of Tim McGraw’s Gun Control Concert Amid Fan Outrage
AmmoLand Gun News
AmmoLand Gun News

Washington DC – -(Ammoland.com)-  On April 14 it was reported that country singers Tim McGraw and Billy Currington would be headlining a gun control fundraiser for Sandy Hook Promise on July 17 2015.

Country fans were outraged and on April 16 2105, Currington announced he was pulling out of the concert.

According to the International Business Times (IBI), the gun control concert got the wrong kind of exposure when multiple news sites reported that concert beneficiary Sandy Hook Promise “is a vehicle through which various relatives of Sandy Hook victims have joined to push gun control until it passes.”

Currington announced his decision to pull out via Facebook:

I’ve never been one to take on controversial issues – I’m a singer. I do feel strongly about honoring and supporting the Sandy Hook community and will be making a donation to a local organization. I appreciate people’s freedom and passion for whatever cause they want to support, however, I am choosing to step aside from this fundraiser and will focus instead on the rest of the tour dates as I look forward to being on the road with Tim and Chase and having a blast with all of the fans.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins

NMAINER(GONAVY)
NMAINER(GONAVY)

Oh Tim, Tim, Tim…Your gonna lose so much money over this stupidity. A country singer going against the constitution especially the 2ND AMENDMENT! Hmmmmm…Not a good idea in your business Tim just saying.

Bob Sadtler
Bob Sadtler

Tiny Tim ought to invite Natalie Maines co to perform with him. Think about it. What a great bill:

THE DIXIE CHICKS AND THE DIXIE DICKS!

Jim M.
Jim M.

I am a country music fan to the max and previously enjoyed selections from Tim McGraw & Billy Currington…that is…until those two made a conscious and ill advised decision to support the Sandy Hook Foundation.. which is actually a thinly veiled funding source for rabid Anti-Gun activists who want to completely do away with the 2nd Amendment and to ultimately ban owning anything classified as a firearm and make it a crime for any US citizen to own and bare same.. How quickly they forget the scornful lessons of the Dixie Chicks…I am a TEXAN and applaud our state’s government… Read more »

roy p.
roy p.

I liked tim McGraw till now. I wiil throw all of his cd,s out!

John
John

I always enjoy it when someone expresses their opinion without knowing facts. They are semi-automatics. The term “automatic” is a different weapon associated primarily with the military and good, licensed, law-abiding gun collectors.

Manuel Villa
Manuel Villa

I think we might be missing the point here guys. These performers ( who I really do enjoy) are holding this concert to benefit the Sandy Hook foundation, which was founded by the parents of the children that were killed in the shooting. He isn`t advocating guns being taken away as a gun owner he is trying to promote more responsible gun ownership. These performers are allowed to have their own opinions and in my opinion should be allowed to play whichever benefit concert they would like without being criticized. Wheather or not new gun laws are needed is irrelevant… Read more »

shehila johbnson
shehila johbnson

I applaud the courage of Tim McGraw. It is only small minded people who cannot see the forest for the trees. Tim McGraw has stated that he is a believer in the Second Amendment. What is wrong with trying to teach gun responsibility and insure responsible people have access to them. It is just too easy to obtain a gun and why should anyone be able to purchase automatic weapons. This goes beyond the ability to hunt and defend one’s home.

Brad
Brad

I think people need to read through the constitution now where in it does the second amendment say they the right to Bears are are for protecting your home or hunting it’s to be equal in power to government and be able to protect our country from enemies domestic or foreign. If our potential enemy has full auto we need full auto and full auto is not very useful unless your keeping heads down. Put time and money into education and mental health care. It’s not the tools fault it’s the users error in why something is misused and abused.… Read more »

Tony Fischer
Tony Fischer

Good for you Billy
You were almost duped by those as**h***s.
You’ve got my support.

john Carr
john Carr

Sorry Billy Boy, you were pretty much a nobody before this happened, now you will never be anybody. I hope you enjoy your new job at Wal-Mart.Oooops, I forgot Wal-Mart honors gun owners rights.

The Rifleman
The Rifleman

Bravo Billy Currington! I think you made a very wise choice to step away from this one. Now that Tim McGraw can see what this fund raiser is “truly” all about, I hope he will follow in your foot steps on this.

Pepe
Pepe

I never really liked he or his wife. They just impressed me as everything that’s wrong in country music today. They’re just two greedy people in it for the money.

daveinga
daveinga

inconsistencies at sandy hook: no emergency calls went out for medevac copters? no ambulances allowed near the school for almost an hour? road was blocked at the firehouse. look at the few police pix/video not redacted. school hallways filthy. 50+ y.o. school completely contaminated (lead paint, asbestos & pcb’s). books/junk pile up 6′ and higher in almost every room. few chairs anywhere. school and lanza home both completely destroyed by gov. no pix allowed. demo crews required to sign non-disclosure agreements. no real pix of hundreds of children evacuating school, just frauds. confirmed by 3 cop dash cams. green screens… Read more »

Bandit
Bandit
Reply to  daveinga

I have heard much of the same stuff over the radio, one of the mm operators was going by when some of what went down was being set up by police and otheet agencies. As you said there are too many things that are just not right about that whole thing.

shane baggett
shane baggett

Always liked tim till now. Done with his music

Kevin Cash
Kevin Cash

This will be the last time me or any of my family will buy or listen to tim mcgraw. If i have anything to do with it he will go the way of the dixie chicks

Mike Vee
Mike Vee
Reply to  Kevin Cash

The ‘Dixie” who? Never heard of them!