Portion of Product Proceeds Donated to NWTF
With 2015 turkey hunting seasons currently underway, Federal is receiving daily reports of hunting success from its customers in several states.
Two new videos have recently been uploaded to the brand’s YouTube Channel to explain the technology behind the new ammunition:
3rd Degree Technology:
3rd Degree Commercial:
The leading section of the 3rd Degree payload—20 percent of the total pellet count—is made up of No. 6 nickel-plated FLITESTOPPER lead. Because these pellets release from the wad first and have a lethal cutting ring, they disperse quickly and create a larger effective pattern inside of 20 yards than standard loads.
The next 40 percent of the load is copper-plated No. 5 lead shot, which creates a dense, even pattern at moderate ranges. The final 40 percent of 3rd Degree’s payload consists of No. 7 HEAVYWEIGHT pellets. The tungsten-iron material’s high density gives the shot more energy than No. 5 lead shot at 40 yards and beyond. Plus, its increased pellet count results in more hits on target at long range.
The pattern is maximized by the FLITECONTROL wad, which opens from the rear and stays with the shot column longer than conventional wads for full, consistent patterns.
Features & Benefits:
- Three-stage payload creates optimal patterns for the entire range spectrum
- 20 percent No. 6 FLITESTOPPER pellets for forgiving close-range patterns
- 40 percent copper-plated No. 5 lead for the most lethal performance at mid-range
- 40 percent HEAVYWEIGHT for dense, high-energy patterns at 40-plus yards
- FLITECONTROL wad maximizes the flight characteristics of all three shot types
- 1,250 fps muzzle velocity
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product will be donated to the National Wild Turkey Federation
Part No. / Description / MSRP
- PTD157 567 / 3rd Degree, 3-inch, 1 3/4-ounce; 5,6,7 shot / $21.95
- PTD139 567 / 3rd Degree, 3 1/2-inch, 2-ounce; 5,6,7 shot / $24.95
Federal Premium is a brand of Vista Outdoor Inc., an outdoor sports and recreation company. For more information on Federal Premium, go to www.federalpremium.com.
About Vista Outdoor Inc.
Vista Outdoor is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer in the growing outdoor sports and recreation markets. The company operates in two segments, Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products, and has more than 30 well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products in the ammunition, firearms and outdoor accessories categories. Vista Outdoor products are sold at leading retailers and distributors across North America and worldwide. Vista Outdoor is headquartered in Utah and has manufacturing operations and facilities in 10 U.S. States, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada along with international sales and sourcing operations in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.