Since the company’s inception, over 100,000,000 magazines have been produced for renowned firearm brands including Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, Taurus, Walther, Rock Island Armory, Beretta, Bersa, Browning, Kimber and many more.
“One thing that hasn’t changed through our 50 years as a company is our commitment to making the best product imaginable,” said David Kochol, Vice President of Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
“We do that by ensuring that every last piece of our firearm magazines are designed, tooled, stamped, heat-treated and finished in house to ensure that we have total control over the entire manufacturing process.
Key milestones in Mec-Gar’s history include:
• 1965 – Mec-Gar Srl founded in Gardone Val Trompia, in the Brescia province of Italy by Edoardo Racheli
• 1992 – Mec-Gar USA, Inc. founded in Middletown, CT to serve as the United States importer and supplier of magazines to customers in the USA.
• 1999 – Mec-Gar Srl expanded to a new stamping building in Gussago, in Brescia province of Italy with over 75,000 square feet of tooling and production space.
• 2013-2014 – Mec-Gar Srl introduced an automated stamping process by adding state of the art robotic stamping and welding stations.
• 2015 – Mec-Gar Srl and Mec-Gar USA launch a new consumer facing website designed to simplify the process of finding the right firearm magazine at www.mec-gar.com.
“As we look forward to the next 50 years, we plan on living up to our reputation as an industry innovator and leader day in and day out,” said Kochol.
Mec-Gar Srl is a privately held, family-run business located in Brescia, Italy. Since opening in 1965, the company has been proud of their fully in-house engineering, design and manufacturing process making them an industry leader in quality and innovation. Mec-Gar USA is owned and operated by the same family and functions as the sole US importer and distributor for Mec-Gar Srl products in North America.
To learn more visit Mec-Gar’s new website at shop.mec-gar.com